The Last of Us (HBO series - spoilers within) (6 Viewers)

I was desperately trying to find the thread to post it. Yay!

I actually forgot he was in the game for a minute there.

I won't reveal what happens later on in Season Two more then likely if they follow the video game's storyline more closely and I'm going to put up a disclaimer to those reading this sentence because it reveals major plot holes and developments with major characters at the end of Last of Us: Season 1.

I feel like Joel (Pedro Pascal's character) is the real true tragic character in that he's got survivor's guilt as his character as had to endure, fight, witness scenes of barbarity, savageness, cruelty, and extreme violence over twenty years after watching the whole world fall apart when that pandemic hit in 2003 with his daughter being killed, eventually his girlfriend sacrificing herself so the rest could continue on to reach the Rocky Mountains. His character is tired, world-weary and once he reaches his destination and is told that for humanity to survive and to develop a vaccine thats in Ellie's DNA make-up, they'd have to kill her and considering Joel and Ellie had developed such a strong, father-daughter bond, so much like his own daughter, he couldn't make that sacrifice and be alone again. Even if that meant lying to Ellie, who may have been willing to make that sacrifice if told hundreds of millions may live and be cured from the Cocyleps virus. He lied to her on the way back to Joel's brother mountain compound and he knew she knew deep down.

Abby is a very vital, important character in the video game and series adaptation because in many ways, she's similar to Ellie in that she's a survivor and out for revenge. Kaitlin Dever is a very good, committed, focused character actress that I liked in Justified, and Dopesick.

Last edited:
I've watched it like 5x now

Game references
I wonder if that convo with Joel and Moira Rose is going to take the place of the opening scene with Tommy or something.
And that opening flash of the party
Seraphites!

Actual story spoilers
One of those random thoughts I had last night, I wonder if they massage the story some and have Joel kidnapped instead of killed. You'd still give Ellie a reason to go to Seattle while leaving your big name alive for more than one episode. Maybe he gets the golf club at the end of the season or something.
Or they just surprise us all and kill off Pedro in episode 2

I've watched it like 5x now

Game references
I wonder if that convo with Joel and Moira Rose is going to take the place of the opening scene with Tommy or something.
And that opening flash of the party
Seraphites!

Actual story spoilers
One of those random thoughts I had last night, I wonder if they massage the story some and have Joel kidnapped instead of killed. You'd still give Ellie a reason to go to Seattle while leaving your big name alive for more than one episode. Maybe he gets the golf club at the end of the season or something.
Or they just surprise us all and kill off Pedro in episode 2
it's going to be interesting to see how that changes in the show...i always thought the story was great except for the order in which the events played out...

i guess you have to account for strictly TV people but the golf club scene is the kind of shock that makes TLOU a great series...(i always think about the shock of Henry the first time i saw it in game)

it's going to be interesting to see how that changes in the show...i always thought the story was great except for the order in which the events played out...

i guess you have to account for strictly TV people but the golf club scene is the kind of shock that makes TLOU a great series...(i always think about the shock of Henry the first time i saw it in game)
Especially with them lying in the trailer. There's a scene in the game where Jesse sneaks up on/meets up with Ellie, but every ad/trailer for the game had Joel there. They really got us on that one.
Obviously I'd be just dandy if they kept it close to the game timeline, I just wonder if HBO is as quick to tell us Ellie is the star now as the game was
^Still game stuff fyi

Especially with them lying in the trailer. There's a scene in the game where Jesse sneaks up on/meets up with Ellie, but every ad/trailer for the game had Joel there. They really got us on that one.
Obviously I'd be just dandy if they kept it close to the game timeline, I just wonder if HBO is as quick to tell us Ellie is the star now as the game was
^Still game stuff fyi
keeping in mind that they said the second game's story will take two seasons to tell, my prediction is that the 'Joel goes golfing' scene will happen later in S2....probably close to the end and then S3 will be the revenge tour...

i really would hate if they spare Joel for the sake of star power....regular people deserve the real story

I’ve been itching to play the games again, but was trying to wait until closer. This isn’t helping me delay :hihi:

So many shot for shot scenes wow.

Game:
A stalker!
I reckon Moira Rose is a stand in for the convo Joel and Tommy have at the beginning of the game. Maybe that spread some of that background out some?
I know what to watch that on repeat tonight

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom