The Last of Us (HBO series - spoilers within) (1 Viewer)

In the DLC mini game, Elli and Joel take shelter in a mall store right after Joel gets attacked. The back flash to Reilly occurs alternating with the present as Elli goes through the mall looking for meds. So the memory of Reilly also seems to fortify her bond with and need to save Joel (just as the series does but with more subtle references). 2 different malls but both in the overgrown post apocalyptic state. What was unclear to me was how it fit into the timeline of the primary game. I’m assuming that since Elli gets antibiotics in the mall, that the mall was supposedly a pit stop right before they shelter in the house. In the main game it just cuts to then in the house with the horse in the garage - just as it is in the series.

Game geek side note : I loved the fact that you could use human enemies against the infected in this DLC. Also, I don’t think you get any of those infected grown into the walls until the second game CMIIW. Those bastages freaked me out when you were trying to sneak past them. God bless a good bolt gun.

Last edited:
that was pretty good although maybe a little more drawn out than needed...and like some of y'all, i only played the DLC once so it felt a little fresher to me.....

if there are only 2 episodes left, they are gonna be pretty intense

also, the OG Joel and Ellie will be in the next episode

I didn't love this episode, but it was fine. It answered some questions, but left a big question unanswered at the end. I assume they will answer what happened to Riley at some point; we already know what happened to Ellie.

I like the use and taste in music. I didn't recognize "Just Like Heaven" at first, but then caught it towards the merry-go-round stopping.

I didn't love this episode, but it was fine. It answered some questions, but left a big question unanswered at the end. I assume they will answer what happened to Riley at some point; we already know what happened to Ellie.

I like the use and taste in music. I didn't recognize "Just Like Heaven" at first, but then caught it towards the merry-go-round stopping.
Are we talking about the Cure song?

also, the OG Joel and Ellie will be in the next episode
Oh damn that was Troy Baker in the trailer. Didn't even click(er). Looks like Ashley Johnson is Ellie's mom, guess we get more flashback.

Marlene is Marlene, Tommy's voice actor was Perry (bearded merc) in KC.

Really cool they are using the game voice actors.

Also, I recently learned Nico Parker (Sarah) is Thandiwe Newton's daughter.

I have to be honest, I didn’t enjoy this episode as much as the rest. maybe I don’t have tie game knowledge, or maybe I didnt connect with it but until the mushroom man came out I was disengaged. Hopefully it was that one episode.

I have to be honest, I didn’t enjoy this episode as much as the rest. maybe I don’t have tie game knowledge, or maybe I didnt connect with it but until the mushroom man came out I was disengaged. Hopefully it was that one episode.
Depending on how close the show follows the game, the next two episodes should pick up the pace quite a bit.

Depending on how close the show follows the game, the next two episodes should pick up the pace quite a bit.
I suspect it’s going to ramp up pretty dramatically in the last 2 episodes

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom