The Last of Us (HBO series - spoilers within) (1 Viewer)

AAAHHHHHH
I think that was the most 1:1 episode so far. For anyone who didn’t know, James is played by Troy Baker - voices Joel in the games

They removed Ellie and David having to fight infected, but added some lines when she’s in the cage. Even the “boss fight” with David was pretty on track.

I got chills when they opened in the restaurant
“Cuz it freakin rhymes”
The torture scene!
Knew it was coming but the babygirl line still got me

AAAHHHHHH
I think that was the most 1:1 episode so far. For anyone who didn’t know, James is played by Troy Baker - voices Joel in the games

They removed Ellie and David having to fight infected, but added some lines when she’s in the cage. Even the “boss fight” with David was pretty on track.

“Cuz it freakin rhymes”
The torture scene!
Dunno if it's canon but
David was right, Ellie really is violent lol

Dunno if it's canon but
David was right, Ellie really is violent lol
The line isn’t, no
Second game stuff:
But her tendency towards the most violent solution is a big story beat in the second game (and presumably season now)

AAAHHHHHH

“Cuz it freakin rhymes”
The torture scene!

Yeah the "baby girl" line got me too.

AAAHHHHHH

there is something here I may have always been confused on even after playing the game 4 times. When David said he sent some men out scouting who came across a crazy man and little girl, I always assumed this was the group with the sniper at the end of the Sam chapter. It was clearly the group at the college in the series and I suppose in the game as well.

Eli shoots the deer with a bow and uses it to threaten David in the game but that is an inconsequential change that works better with the rifle for the series. The encounter with David was a truly monumental event in Elis life and the game series is consistent in presenting her as a different person after the event. I am sure that will be true in the series as well. Innocents are gone from this world perhaps only present in giraffes and zebras (man I hope they can recreate that beautiful scene but the last episode is only 43 minutes which makes me worry about disappointment)

Pedro and Bella continue to confirm why they were such spectacular choices for these characters. Awesome stuff.

Last edited:
While i think this was the best episode, David in the game feels more sinister….

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom