The Last of Us (HBO series - spoilers within) (1 Viewer)

>>i can't say i was a huge fan of Bella as Ellie....often times it just fell flat for me, other times she was amazing

Maybe it's the experience of knowing Ellie from the game. I thought Bella Ramsey did amazing throughout. In fact, I thought her performance should be award worthy. She exuded strength, independence, resiliency, youthfulness, intelligence and guardedness; yet she knew her weaknesses and was vulnerable and dependent. I hope she's recognized for her performance.

Non game player - I enjoyed the series but give it a B+. For long stretches of the show I was impressed that you didn't feel like you were watching someone else play a video game but then would get kinda distracted by the moments that felt like gameplay. I mean the hospital finale first person shooter rampage... it was basically Doom LOL. Also felt like there were more than a few "power-ups/extra life" moments - Joel respawned a lot.

Storywise it was a tough way to end but I always respect storytellers that don't go for the easy way out (ridiculous FPS scene aside). Neither the Fireflies nor Joel let Ellie weigh in on the biggest question of the story and the whole reason she was doing what she was doing. Tough scene.

this probably bears repeating, if you have no intention of playing the series, be careful out there on the webs....

TLOU part 2 is probably one of the most hotly debated video games out there...the discourse ran for several months on the tweeters and whatnot....the internet is filled with spoilers (and angry incels)

Yeah other than the Riley flashback episode, it’s 3 of 4 with no infected. “Kin“ didn’t have any either. Unless you count Ellie, then it’s 0. :grin:

this probably bears repeating, if you have no intention of playing the series, be careful out there on the webs....

TLOU part 2 is probably one of the most hotly debated video games out there...the discourse ran for several months on the tweeters and whatnot....the internet is filled with spoilers (and angry incels)
yea and we debated on the game thread too. But I can’t wait to see what non gamers think. The themes of the second game were clearly Important to the writers since they wrote in an echo storyline in one of these episodes.

Just finished the season. Loved it. My only "complaint"...
The time that Ellie's mom was bit to the time she cut the umbilical was, as shown in the episode, mere seconds. The time it would take for the pathogen to get pumped back to the heart and then to the baby would have to be much longer than that. It pulled me out of the episode for a moment. I think it would have been better to have her reveal the bite and then struggle to have the baby for a few minutes, then cut the cord, thinking it was fast enough.

The time that Ellie's mom was bit to the time she cut the umbilical was, as shown in the episode, mere seconds. The time it would take for the pathogen to get pumped back to the heart and then to the baby would have to be much longer than that. It pulled me out of the episode for a moment. I think it would have been better to have her reveal the bite and then struggle to have the baby for a few minutes, then cut the cord, thinking it was fast enough.
Maybe it was the sweet spot that caused the anomaly. too long would have killed the baby.. Maybe thats why she is the only one (known).

The whole ep seemed kinda rushed from I'm gathering from people that played the game. Seems like they could have easily made it a full hour finale.

i honestly didn't care for the explanation of why Ellie is immune, though Ashley Johnson was great in her brief screen time....it was also very cool way for her to pass the torch to the new Ellie....but not knowing why was better for some reason....i guess TV audiences have to have everything explained to them :hihi:

it's like the cure...we don't know if it would even work so we can't even judge Joel's decision properly....keep the waters murky

i honestly didn't care for the explanation of why Ellie is immune, though Ashley Johnson was great in her brief screen time....it was also very cool way for her to pass the torch to the new Ellie....but not knowing why was better for some reason....i guess TV audiences have to have everything explained to them :hihi:

it's like the cure...we don't know if it would even work so we can't even judge Joel's decision properly....keep the waters murky
Its been over 20 years, no point in rushing a cure now. Why not try alternatives before just cutting open her brain?

Its been over 20 years, no point in rushing a cure now. Why not try alternatives before just cutting open her brain?

The fungi expert in the first episode tells us there is no cure...her solution is to bomb everything infected....the audience already knows it's a pipe dream and Joel and Ellie's adventure is hopeless in that regard....

in the game we didn't know anything about the fungus and we could actually believe that there was hope for a cure....

feels like 'explaining' theses things just raises more questions and allows Joel to get a pass on his decision, since we know that there is no cure

this was subtraction by addition, imo

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom