The Last of Us is getting a series on HBO (1 Viewer)

antipop

drool mop
Gold VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Reaction score
Sounds good. I'm thinking it was the best story by a video game, so why not? Hopefully it's a good show.

1583435642139.png

Zack Lee

VIP Contributor
Reaction score
I bet they are going to be trying to put some teasers together by the launch of the game sequel at the end of May. I’m am eagerly awaiting that and this has a ton of perennial as well.

the first game played more like a story than any I’ve seen and yet didn’t make me feel like I was just watching cutscenes. If I have one complaint it’s that by the time it got to really cool advanced play techniques needed, it was practically over.

OP
antipop

antipop

drool mop
Gold VIP Contributor
Reaction score
I bet they are going to be trying to put some teasers together by the launch of the game sequel at the end of May. I’m am eagerly awaiting that and this has a ton of perennial as well.
they are using the first game as the story line so there shouldn't be any surprises for anyone that played it...

TheRealJRad

The Artist Formerly Known as AgentJRad
Staff member
Tech-Admin
VIP Subscribing Member
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
"'Chernobyl' Creator Craig Mazin, Neil Druckmann"

This at least makes it worth looking forward to.

Torgo

I am Torgo
Reaction score
I bought The Last of Us as soon as it came out in 2013, mainly due to my love of the Uncharted series. I was blown away, but was only able to get through the early part of the game before life kinda got in the way, and I just didn't have the time to invest in it. About a month ago, I decided to dust it off, restarting from the very beginning. I just finshed it about a week ago, so this news is pretty timely for me.

As much as I love the game, I'm not sure how I feel about this. Games like TLOU and Uncharted are already near cinematic experiences. I'm not sure there's a need to have them adapted to the TV or movie screen. That said, I'll probably check it out. I'd just fear it would turn into what TWD has become.

Zack Lee

VIP Contributor
Reaction score
I bought The Last of Us as soon as it came out in 2013, mainly due to my love of the Uncharted series. I was blown away, but was only able to get through the early part of the game before life kinda got in the way, and I just didn't have the time to invest in it. About a month ago, I decided to dust it off, restarting from the very beginning. I just finshed it about a week ago, so this news is pretty timely for me.

As much as I love the game, I'm not sure how I feel about this. Games like TLOU and Uncharted are already near cinematic experiences. I'm not sure there's a need to have them adapted to the TV or movie screen. That said, I'll probably check it out. I'd just fear it would turn into what TWD has become.
three is a valid concern that it may not add much. But it could also, possibly ,supplement the game with new content.

I can't get enough of the post apocalyptic genre so I'm all in even though I normally don't like game to movie translations

UndeadSnoopy

Resting in Peace
VIP Contributor
Reaction score

I don't play much anymore but I loved all of the Uncharted games.

My son keeps after me to try The Last of Us.

Maybe I'll dust off the controller.

Zack Lee

VIP Contributor
Reaction score
I don't play much anymore but I loved all of the Uncharted games.

My son keeps after me to try The Last of Us.

Maybe I'll dust off the controller.
you should. It blows the uncharted stuff out of the water. You will get engrossed in the story and the timing couldn't be better with the 2nd one coming in late May.

SAINT__STEVEN

Golds Match-Now Fix Colla
Reaction score
Legit excited. I used to game a fair amount and enjoyed the heck outta the game--even my wife loved playing it and unveiling the story here. Always thought it would make an awesome series, esp on a HBO type of platform with a decent budget and good creatives to hash out the story!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Headlines

Top Bottom