The Last of Us (HBO series - spoilers within) (5 Viewers)

What happened to the other thread - seemed like it made sense to have a new thread stay on page 1 longer??

Anyway I asked in the other thread if people who’ve played the game can tag/title their spoilers with ‘game’ or whatever

Anyway LOVED IT
it’s weird that my last year new year find was Station 11 and now it seems to be this show

Not sure if we’re supposed to make the link, but his daughter- sitting in class - notices the person with the hand drumming/movement by the light shining in her face
Then Joel’s buyer/soldier had a very similar hand twitch on his rifle
And then that’s the first time we see the ‘light’ graffiti
The light stuff might be a stretch but the hand stuff seemed intentional

Also liked how Joel casually told his daughter he sold drugs and then that’s what he does post fungus

What happened to the other thread - seemed like it made sense to have a new thread stay on page 1 longer??

Anyway I asked in the other thread if people who’ve played the game can tag/title their spoilers with ‘game’ or whatever

Anyway LOVED IT
it’s weird that my last year new year find was Station 11 and now it seems to be this show

Not sure if we’re supposed to make the link, but his daughter- sitting in class - notices the person with the hand drumming/movement by the light shining in her face
Then Joel’s buyer/soldier had a very similar hand twitch on his rifle
And then that’s the first time we see the ‘light’ graffiti
The light stuff might be a stretch but the hand stuff seemed intentional

Also liked how Joel casually told his daughter he sold drugs and then that’s what he does post fungus
I noticed the twitch as well, I think it was a red herring for the soldier though.

I kind of feel bad for anyone that hasn’t played the game…

Then again, that was still tough to see for the 8th time…i think the first time i saw it happen, i was more shocked than anything

I kind of feel bad for anyone that hasn’t played the game…

Then again, that was still tough to see for the 8th time…i think the first time i saw it happen, i was more shocked than anything
Letting us get to know Sarah made it properly punch us directly in the feelings that much more though. At least imo

Yeah, that was really good. If season 2 follows the second game, it will be rough for some people.
I’m wondering if we even finish the first game in S1, unless they are fine with just 2 seasons

I was discussing logical S1 end points with my friend last night

Game stuff in tag
I would think after Sam/Henry, or after Joel gets injured would make sense. They could also use the seasons in the game. However, they have shown us winter so unless that’s a future season, that seems out the window.
They are backfilling some Left Behind, so they may be able to get 2 seasons out of the first game if they want.
Believe I saw they said the show won’t go past the games.

I’m wondering if we even finish the first game in S1, unless they are fine with just 2 seasons

I was discussing logical S1 end points with my friend last night

Game stuff in tag
I would think after Sam/Henry, or after Joel gets injured would make sense. They could also use the seasons in the game. However, they have shown us winter so unless that’s a future season, that seems out the window.
They are backfilling some Left Behind, so they may be able to get 2 seasons out of the first game if they want.
Believe I saw they said the show won’t go past the games.

it seems that 9 episodes should be enough to cover first game...especially with some of them being 80 minutes long

even with them fleshing out Henry/Sam and Bill/Frank, two seasons seems like it would be too much...man, those are gonna be rough to watch again...especially Henry and Sam

it seems that 9 episodes should be enough to cover first game...especially with some of them being 80 minutes long

even with them fleshing out Henry/Sam and Bill/Frank, two seasons seems like it would be too much...man, those are gonna be rough to watch again...especially Henry and Sam
Yep. I was already dreading Sarah. Now it looks like Sam is deaf so I'm sure we're going to have to like him as well. If they can tell the story in 1 season, I'm here for it - I just already want as much as this as I can get. Druckman did make a comment like "there's more story to tell", so maybe there's already something going on.

Then Torgo's comment about 2 made me think of some of those triggers. Joel's death was...not clean. Ellie killing pregnant Mel. Lev being non-binary was a trigger for the wrong/stupidest reasons, which I'm sure certain parts of the internet will cry about.

Yep. I was already dreading Sarah. Now it looks like Sam is deaf so I'm sure we're going to have to like him as well. If they can tell the story in 1 season, I'm here for it - I just already want as much as this as I can get. Druckman did make a comment like "there's more story to tell", so maybe there's already something going on.

Then Torgo's comment about 2 made me think of some of those triggers. Joel's death was...not clean. Ellie killing pregnant Mel. Lev being non-binary was a trigger for the wrong/stupidest reasons, which I'm sure certain parts of the internet will cry about.

indeed...

i figured the 'more story to tell' comment was about how they are going to flesh out the minor characters like Bill, Sam/Henry etc...getting to know them a little bit more

either way, it looks like it's gonna be a helluva ride...

kind of weird that the spores are just being left out...i guess they didn't want to have to have their big stars wearing gas masks anytime they go in a building
when they get to the second game, the internet is going to be messy...don't forget about Abby's muscles and how they emasculate small ween dudes :hihi:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom