The Last of Us (HBO series - spoilers within) (1 Viewer)

I’m wondering if we even finish the first game in S1, unless they are fine with just 2 seasons

I was discussing logical S1 end points with my friend last night

Game stuff in tag
I would think after Sam/Henry, or after Joel gets injured would make sense. They could also use the seasons in the game. However, they have shown us winter so unless that’s a future season, that seems out the window.
They are backfilling some Left Behind, so they may be able to get 2 seasons out of the first game if they want.
Believe I saw they said the show won’t go past the games.
I thought I read season 1 would be the entire plot of the first game. Personally, I think it could be drawn out for at least two. The second game could absolutely go multiple seasons.

I really liked the first episode even though I've never played the games as I don't have a Playstation. I'll def check them out if Steam gets them...

Yeah, that was really good. If season 2 follows the second game, it will be rough for some people.
I don't think they could stray too much from it. But I was thinking that it doesn't have to equal one game per season. There was time (for the characters) in between the two games and I don't think anything is keeping them for new script in between.

Letting us get to know Sarah made it properly punch us directly in the feelings that much more though. At least imo
it definitely did but its biggest effect is letting you feel what Joel felt. It is "the" defining moment for him and has everything to do with what he becomes, especially in his relationships.

I am completely impressed with the show so far - cast is awesome. They don't stray from the story even a bit. The game was actually so good in its cutscenes that it felt like you had seen some of the scenes of the series before.

I would argue that no game to series/movie jump has ever worked although I admit that I won't even give many of them a chance. This may be the first one ever that is an artistic success on both sides of that fence.

I really liked the first episode even though I've never played the games as I don't have a Playstation. I'll def check them out if Steam gets them...
Pretty sure it’s coming to pc in March

I had no idea what this show was about and I watched Episode 1 last night. I don't really care for zombie movies, so this is looking like a no-go for me. And I don't know why, but fungus growth has always creeped me out. Except mushrooms, we're mostly cool there.

Gamers - not sure how to ask this or get it answered
(Not sure if it’s spoilery or not
But how obsessive does the game get with the actual day to day ‘reality’ of 20 years into a dystopia
Like does it matter how the medical fungal detectors stay powered?
Do the deal with agriculture or sanitation, et al

These details were some of my favorite parts of Station Eleven

But how obsessive does the game get with the actual day to day ‘reality’ of 20 years into a dystopia

Not really but also maybe :shrug:

I mean, the first thing I thought of might be spoilerish or I don’t understand the assignment…pick one

They don't really dwell on details. The story will move pretty fast, as in location to location. The story is about experiences, not details. Hope that helps!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom