The Last of Us (HBO series - spoilers within) (1 Viewer)

Gamers - not sure how to ask this or get it answered
(Not sure if it’s spoilery or not
But how obsessive does the game get with the actual day to day ‘reality’ of 20 years into a dystopia
Like does it matter how the medical fungal detectors stay powered?
Do the deal with agriculture or sanitation, et al

These details were some of my favorite parts of Station Eleven
Not very much dealing with day to day reality, except for one major plot point that I wont spoil. For example, there is no foraging for food, growing crops, or finding batteries for the handheld devices. Everything is just there. There are a few gameplay episodes of everyday life but those are there to introduce newer characters, tell about the next journey, or show a novel challenge. Not sure i can go into any details about it without spoiling what may come.

first ep well crafted, but as a neophyte i ask, why set this in present day when we know it's not occurring

apparently, the game is year 2033... somewhat believable, given the course we're headed

first ep well crafted, but as a neophyte i ask, why set this in present day when we know it's not occurring
giphy.gif

in a meta way, i'd argue that we're kinda there already
it's something i realized after watching Station Eleven - ever since 9/11 we've been in a cultural dysfunction
that our collective trauma has caused us to do some really really inexplicable, boneheaded things

those of us who lived through katrina are probably still living through a low grade dystopia without realizing it
and same with covid if we're being honest

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom