The Last of Us (HBO series - spoilers within) (1 Viewer)

Legit excited. I used to game a fair amount and enjoyed the heck outta the game--even my wife loved playing it and unveiling the story here. Always thought it would make an awesome series, esp on a HBO type of platform with a decent budget and good creatives to hash out the story!

i hope the second plays more like the DLC in the mall. Using one group of enemies against another was a lot of fun
Is that the Left Behind DLC? Is it worth it as a single-player experience? Is it more of a prequel or side story?

Also, anyone want to fantasy cast this show? I was thinking of Jon Bernthal as Joel, Josh Holloway as Tommy, Mark Boone Junior as Bill, probably because those are the actors I was reminded of while playing the game. I got nothing for Ellie, David, Tess etc.

Is that the Left Behind DLC? Is it worth it as a single-player experience? Is it more of a prequel or side story?

I think that was the name of it. And I think it was sort of flash back prequel (maybe just cut scenes) mixed with game play in a mall. You are fighting both humans and those who have turned and there was more room for stategy ie throwing bottles to set off fights between enemy groups. It is well worth it as a single player although it is unfortunately really short. Don’t know how much I would pay for it, it was free with my edition.

if I remember right Joel leaves Eli behind in the mall to check things out, she get cut off by fire and then as she is finding her way back to him she has flashbacks to her “friend” and her when all hell broke loose.

Kinda bummed it appears they're just adapting the game.

In this particular instance, I don’t think that’s a bad thing. They only mention the first game so they don’t necessarily have to get into what they got so much grief from in the second. And an adaptation doesn’t mean they can’t expand a lot of story line. I’m also embarrassed to say I just started a third play through of II.

In this particular instance, I don’t think that’s a bad thing. They only mention the first game so they don’t necessarily have to get into what they got so much grief from in the second. And an adaptation doesn’t mean they can’t expand a lot of story line. I’m also embarrassed to say I just started a third play through of II.
I'm not saying it's a bad thing. I think they can get multiple seasons of good TV out of the first game alone, and even more if they choose to adapt the second(which I liked quite a bit and plan to play through a 2nd time eventually). Just for me, personally, I was hoping they would be telling a story I didn't already know.

I'm not saying it's a bad thing. I think they can get multiple seasons of good TV out of the first game alone, and even more if they choose to adapt the second(which I liked quite a bit and plan to play through a 2nd time eventually). Just for me, personally, I was hoping they would be telling a story I didn't already know.

The period between the prologue and “act 1” of the first game could certainly tell a ton of story.
You could definitely pad around Left Behind as well.

I really think this one will work where so many fail because it was meant to have a story all along. Most games the story just serves to get you further into game play. This one almost seems like it’s a game that was adapted from a movie.

I never watched GoT so i have no idea who she is

there was a rumor that Mahershala Ali was going to play Joel and it made Twitter neckbeards very angry...i hope they do cast him just for that reason

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom