The Last of Us Part 2 - SPOILERS (1 Viewer)

Ah yes Microsoft bought Blizzard... which was rolling down hill... and Activision also rolling down hill and Bethesda a total sheet show at this point who tried using ancient artifacts(an engine as old as Morrowind) to try and create new games....

Ok... COD.... universally panned.... hey at least Starfield won Comedy of the Year cause Diablo 4 absolutely sucks....

It's as if Sony saw all the failures of Microsoft and said wait a minute....... Or..... after seeing games like Anthem fail and the Destiny bubble burst they shifted their expectations.

Last edited:
No they were going to take 60 percent of the revenue for games of service that's huge considering Sony always has massive budgets and long dev time on the single player games.

Jim Ryan even said that the fan base isn't enough to support the revenue output. Sony is exclusive not inclusive, so it depends on a very archaic business design. Most of their player base are casual gamers.

If I made it sound like they were going nothing but service then that is not what I intended but 60 percent of anything is huge. I personally don't think they were expecting to lose the COD revenue which funded a ton of stuff now they will be giving money to Microsoft for COD. Sony will money hat 3rd party exclusives if they can because that is their M.O.

Microsoft has been doing live service just with Halo and Mind craft for a while. Now they have COD, Diablo,World of Warcraft, Overwatch 2 and then you have mobile gaming like Candy Crush and all of King games.

One of the worst things that Sony does is that they don't put good games into their service.MLB The Show is and always has been in Gamepass but yet it is not in PS plus. Those are the little things that add up. Anyway doesn't matter we all have our preferences. My son and daughter both purchased PS5 console just recently. We have always had a Ps console in the house since the the ps1 I just personally lost interest in the same type of games over and over and over.

my favorite one is that 'most of the Sony player base are casual gamers', whatever that means

Sony doesn't put their good games on their subscription service because they sell millions of copies...they would be dumb to give them away on a sub service....

and while i did enjoy Starfield, Microsoft's studios are just simply not making anything close to the quality of TLOU or GOW....it also proves that people will pay for something if it's good

look, i am big fan of Gamepass...it's a great service but it's not really sustainable and i'd be real surprised if they ever produce a 'must play' or GOTY from that dwindling pile of cash

1702937657923.png

1702937666603.png

Hmm... Sony is casually destroying Microsoft hardcore.

PS5 Vs. XSX|S Worldwide:

Gap change in latest month: 973,240 - PS5

Gap change over last 12 months: 11,944,029 - PS5

Total Lead: 19,966,452 - PS5

PlayStation 5 Total Sales: 43,869,431

Xbox Series X|S Total Sales: 23,902,979

September 2023 is the 35th month the PlayStation 5 and Xbox Series X|S has been available for. In the latest month, the gap grew in favor of the PlayStation 5 when compared to the aligned launch of the Xbox Series X|S by 0.97 million units.

In the last 12 months, the PlayStation 5 has outsold the Xbox Series X|S by 11.94 million units. The PlayStation 5 is currently ahead by 19.97 million units.

The PlayStation 5 has sold 43.87 million units in 35 months, while the Xbox Series X|S sold 23.90 million units. The PlayStation 5 has a 64.7 percent marketshare (+4.9% year-over-year), compared to 35.3 percent for the Xbox Series X|S (-4.9% year-over-year).

The PlayStation 5 is currently 0.32 million units behind of the PlayStation 4 when you align launches and the Xbox Series X|S is behind the Xbox One by 0.20 million units.

my favorite one is that 'most of the Sony player base are casual gamers', whatever that means

Sony doesn't put their good games on their subscription service because they sell millions of copies...they would be dumb to give them away on a sub service....

and while i did enjoy Starfield, Microsoft's studios are just simply not making anything close to the quality of TLOU or GOW....it also proves that people will pay for something if it's good

look, i am big fan of Gamepass...it's a great service but it's not really sustainable and i'd be real surprised if they ever produce a 'must play' or GOTY from that dwindling pile of cash
To each their own. I don't think many people realize how much money COD brings in. I think the true value of ABK won't be realized until the end of 2024. Plus Game of the year means very little it's more of a Hollywood show than anything every gamer decides what game is their game of the year. I just know I don't and won't support a anti consumer company like Sony charging 30 for a paper clip stand smh.

The road maps for both sides are extremely different and only time will tell. Microsoft is a multi trillion dollar company that still can make moves Sony doesn't even have the capital to back one of their flagship studios that was going in a direction that Sony wanted.

The problem is Microsoft has the PC crowd to where Sony excludes them. Spiderman sells 10 or 11 million but they claim to have a install base in the 40 million mark those numbers don't add up. If they would have released to PC day and date add another 5 million.

To each their own. I don't think many people realize how much money COD brings in. I think the true value of ABK won't be realized until the end of 2024. Plus Game of the year means very little it's more of a Hollywood show than anything every gamer decides what game is their game of the year. I just know I don't and won't support a anti consumer company like Sony charging 30 for a paper clip stand smh.

The road maps for both sides are extremely different and only time will tell. Microsoft is a multi trillion dollar company that still can make moves Sony doesn't even have the capital to back one of their flagship studios that was going in a direction that Sony wanted.

The problem is Microsoft has the PC crowd to where Sony excludes them. Spiderman sells 10 or 11 million but they claim to have a install base in the 40 million mark those numbers don't add up. If they would have released to PC day and date add another 5 million.
All spider mans are on PC except the latest which will be coming..

all of Sony's recent big games are on or are coming to PC.

Last edited:

After doing some research and checking out some leaked documents. Sony is admitting that their pillars are under attack and their business ideals are not sustainable. They are also very afraid of Gamepass. Also Hi Fi rush and Forza actually did bring awards home from the game awards.

Link? Lol. Research. I provided a chart showing the gap widening every month and doubling over a 6 month period during this so called Microsoft Renaissance.

the sony stuff he's referring to is from the insomniac leak
Yea the universe provided me the link a couple hours after i requested it. Guess we shall see if there is a shift in sales in a couple months.

just leaving this here since we are doing fanboy battles again

oh boy... Microsoft made such a smart purchase picking up a toilet dumpster of a company.....

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom