The Last Ride (1 Viewer)

msusaintsfan

All-Pro & Resident Ninja
Reaction score
Diamondhead, MS via Houston, Tx, via Starkville, M
So last night sucked. Everyone from the coaches down take blame for that abysmal performance.

When I woke up this morning instead of being mad, blaming Drew, the defense, etc, it really dawned on me. This is the Last Ride for Drew.

He went from a year ago saying he thought he could till he was 45 to saying he is on borrowed time. He knows Father Time is undefeated and he is knocking on his door.

This offense is going to be different next year when Drew is retired. That's why we locked up Kamara.

I'm not ready to throw my hands up and say the season is over after the second game. Hell, every year we have a game like this.

This season just feels weird already with no OTA or preseason. Add to that the thought of the press conference with Drew announcing his retirement turns my stomach. I hope it is after a Superbowl win, but who knows.

I know we were robbed of our second Superbowl. We all know. We all know we would have dominated Brady in the Superbowl and more than likely Drew retires then.

I guess what I am saying is I'm going to try an enjoy this last ride win, lose, or draw. Who Dat!!!!

Its not all doom but you have a coach/ play caller who doesn't want to change his game up after all these years. I'm not sure if its just him and drew with pride but they not in the glory days anymore where they use to make defenses defend every part of the field. He and Brady can't carry teams anymore that's why Tampa tried stacking the deck with much talent as possible.

You have an aging/old QB that can't pass and a Coach who refuses to rule the ball enough to help his old QB no matter what. He use to make receivers look good that's not the case anymore. Both QB's are struggling just to have an efficient game and aren't really having a 3 or 4 TD game. If you can't score 35 to 40 points a game this day and age your probably going to lose unless you have one hell of a defense.. scoring defense at that. If you think any qb going 1/1 TD/INT and winning a superbowl now good luck.

So last night sucked. Everyone from the coaches down take blame for that abysmal performance.

When I woke up this morning instead of being mad, blaming Drew, the defense, etc, it really dawned on me. This is the Last Ride for Drew.

He went from a year ago saying he thought he could till he was 45 to saying he is on borrowed time. He knows Father Time is undefeated and he is knocking on his door.

This offense is going to be different next year when Drew is retired. That's why we locked up Kamara.

I'm not ready to throw my hands up and say the season is over after the second game. Hell, every year we have a game like this.

This season just feels weird already with no OTA or preseason. Add to that the thought of the press conference with Drew announcing his retirement turns my stomach. I hope it is after a Superbowl win, but who knows.

I know we were robbed of our second Superbowl. We all know. We all know we would have dominated Brady in the Superbowl and more than likely Drew retires then.

I guess what I am saying is I'm going to try an enjoy this last ride win, lose, or draw. Who Dat!!!!

I'm sure he would announce it when the season is over. I don't think he'd put that media hype on the team mid-season.

Its not all doom but you have a coach/ play caller who doesn't want to change his game up after all these years. I'm not sure if its just him and drew with pride but they not in the glory days anymore where they use to make defenses defend every part of the field. He and Brady can't carry teams anymore that's why Tampa tried stacking the deck with much talent as possible.

You have an aging/old QB that can't pass and a Coach who refuses to rule the ball enough to help his old QB no matter what. He use to make receivers look good that's not the case anymore. Both QB's are struggling just to have an efficient game and aren't really having a 3 or 4 TD game. If you can't score 35 to 40 points a game this day and age your probably going to lose unless you have one hell of a defense.. scoring defense at that. If you think any qb going 1/1 TD/INT and winning a superbowl now good luck.
No matter what Brees does, even if you get younger peak Brees back, it will be 7-9 if they keep playing the Rob Ryan defense like last night.

It's true that in the past Allen;s defenses almost always lay eggs to start the season. So maybe it will get better. Or with Mike Nolan gone, maybe it won't.

I don't think people here will be able to truly just enjoy this season and recognize who we're losing. Some have only known us being successful and didnt suffer decades of terrible seasons before Drew came along. Winning is fantastic but there was a time when I was just happy to have competitive. Drew and coach changed our entire franchise and it's been awesome to watch.

I don't think people here will be able to truly just enjoy this season and recognize who we're losing. Some have only known us being successful and didnt suffer decades of terrible seasons before Drew came along. Winning is fantastic but there was a time when I was just happy to have competitive. Drew and coach changed our entire franchise and it's been awesome to watch.

Amen.

Which makes watching the last 2 performances that much tougher. Drew deserves to go out on top. Not ending his career with 50% completion and 20tds and 10 ints or some similar stat line. His pride wouldnt allow, and if he says he got it to go one more year, im not complaining.

But dammit Drew...i see it. We all see it ( some still refuse to believe it- i was that guy til last night ) Ive been thru it. It sucks when the weight of the realization hits that "you just cant do it like you once did". Dont hang on too long. It will detract from your legacy a bit and give ammo to those who will use this season as supporting their argument.

its hard to watch as a fan of Drew the man and the player.

Yeah, there were some very, very lean years.

Amen.

Which makes watching the last 2 performances that much tougher. Drew deserves to go out on top. Not ending his career with 50% completion and 20tds and 10 ints or some similar stat line. His pride wouldnt allow, and if he says he got it to go one more year, im not complaining.

But dammit Drew...i see it. We all see it ( some still refuse to believe it- i was that guy til last night ) Ive been thru it. It sucks when the weight of the realization hits that "you just cant do it like you once did". Dont hang on too long. It will detract from your legacy a bit and give ammo to those who will use this season as supporting their argument.

its hard to watch as a fan of Drew the man and the player.

a lot of people are realizing it after these 2 games. I was hoping that he would retire last year and avoid this brewing judgment on him. Go out on a high note scenario, but he’s just too competitive to do that. CSP should have stepped in shut him down at the end of the season and move on. If the first 2 games are any indication, the season is going to be rough and painful for everyone.

I just wonder what the other players are thinking about this situation.

If he does continue to decline, I would hope they would just IR him for the season and not have him play it out.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom