The Last Time the Jets Played in the Dome... (1 Viewer)

I've been to many Saints game in this decade, and this one was by far the craziest game ever, the tension was still quite high for the jets after 9/11, plus it being Monday night with everybody drinking the whole day, I saw were several fights between Jet's and Saints fans in the stands and in the concourses, then the whole Turley incident just capped it off...Crazy game..

If that were to happen this Sunday, I'll bet it would be J Shock that would be ripping the Jet apart. Let's hope it doesn't come to that.

If that were to happen this Sunday, the Jets player responsible for trying to pull Drew's facemask like that and hurt him probably wouldn't make it out of the Dome in one piece.

I'm pretty sure Goodell would ban both of those players for the entire season now a days.

Didn't we still have a chance to win the game at the point he pulled the helmet stunt?

Yes that helmet toss was quite dissapointing. The wind-up made it look like it was gonna sail 50 yards but I think it went about -3.

That was the same Damien Robinson who later had a problem with a weapons charge.

I think that was the beginning of AB losing the team and it was cemented a year later during the shoulder injury and Haz's refusal to bench him.....Good thing that era is long and bygone.

I remember AB pretty much throwing KT under the bus after the helmet toss incident, and I thought that was pretty weak of him.

I'm pretty sure Goodell would ban both of those players for the entire season now a days.

Didn't we still have a chance to win the game at the point he pulled the helmet stunt?

No, AB stayed in at QB.

I think this is the third thread about the last time the Jets came to the Dome.

The over/under is 5. Any wagers? I'll book them.

No, AB stayed in at QB.
lulz

IIRC, we were in a first and goal situation, and AB kept the ball and ran out of bounds. Then he almost got his head taken off, and Turley went beserk. That drew a 15 yard unsportsmanlike conduct penalty and pushed us out beyond the 20. Drive faltered, Saints lost.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom