The Last Time the Jets Played in the Dome... (1 Viewer)

Yep...I was there......

That game really sucked....First time I ever seen beer bottles thrown on the field....
a_turley_i.jpg

I listened to that game on the radio. I remember it quite clearly! I've never seen film of that event, though.

Not good times ... the start of some real bad times! The team went in the tank at the end of the season, the locker room was a mess, distractions galore ... bad, bad times were just around the corner.

i've never seen more fights in the dome than that night. it was an ugly scene.

I have no problem taking up for your team but the helmet toss was uncalled for. These most certainly were not good times.

<object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/YXEjXVmnAv4&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/YXEjXVmnAv4&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>

Turley ripped the helmet off good, but he throws helmets like a girl.

Yes that helmet toss was quite dissapointing. The wind-up made it look like it was gonna sail 50 yards but I think it went about -3.

That was the same Damien Robinson who later had a problem with a weapons charge.

I think that was the beginning of AB losing the team and it was cemented a year later during the shoulder injury and Haz's refusal to bench him.....Good thing that era is long and bygone.

If that were to happen this Sunday, I'll bet it would be J Shock that would be ripping the Jet apart. Let's hope it doesn't come to that.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom