The last time we drafted 3 straight defensive players to start the draft we won the Super Bowl (1 Viewer)

Was surprised that FO went defense exclusively 1-3, then realized we have the best in the business! WHO DAT! ⚜️

So.....after looking at the draft results more closely, solely based on the CB position rankings, it looks highly probable that we would have been able to draft individually or pair any pairing of Adebo, Molden and Melifonwu. Is this FAIL?

If you was telling me we gonna end up with 3 starters from this draft. I don't think I'd believe till I see it.

The only problem is that WE need 3 starters from this draft and we drafted players that needs to take massive leaps to just get on the field.

This could be a striking gold or one of those defensive heavy draft bust that sent the The Greatest Show on Turf on ice.

Granted... This draft being so high potential/Low Floor that it showed Loomis's hand that goal this year was only try to be in playoff contention... Not a Superbowl contender

WHICH IS THE 100% RIGHT WAY TO BE THIS YEAR.

Granted... I still don't see the logic, because draft like this can send you straight to 8-9.

And next year draft is looking extremely mediocre. So, maybe the covid restriction and opt outs scouting really damper the scouting process.

I wanna have a good feeling about a bad feeling draft, but Idk. Sometimes it is what it is and I won't be surprised that these players are Rotational players at best for next season or start out of desperation for next season.

I think they'll be fine year two players, but I don't see them having breakout rookie years. Which is what we need

My hope going into this draft would be that Loomis and SP would let Ireland select the best defenders in rounds 1-3 (BTW - I wouldn't have minded trading up for Terrace Marshall in the 2nd)....I think that is what happened and right now at least I'm happy bout dat!!!!

If you was telling me we gonna end up with 3 starters from this draft. I don't think I'd believe till I see it.

The only problem is that WE need 3 starters from this draft and we drafted players that needs to take massive leaps to just get on the field.

This could be a striking gold or one of those defensive heavy draft bust that sent the The Greatest Show on Turf on ice.

Granted... This draft being so high potential/Low Floor that it showed Loomis's hand that goal this year was only try to be in playoff contention... Not a Superbowl contender

Granted... I still don't see the logic, because draft like this can send you straight to 8-9.

And next year draft is looking extremely mediocre. So, maybe the covid restriction and opt outs scouting really damper the scouting process.

I wanna have a good feeling about a bad feeling draft, but Idk. Sometimes it is what it is and I won't be surprised that these players are Rotational players at best for next season or start out of desperation for next season.

I think they'll be fine year two players, but I don't see them having breakout rookie years. Which is what we need
Maybe they are looking at this season as a mulligan and taking their time to develop players since they know they aren't likely to win the division this year. They will likely be in a more favorable draft position in 2022 and then can look for a qb if necessary (which seems likely to me.)

I don't really get this. Turner will see the field as a rotational DE and possibly moved inside as a interior pass rusher on third down. Werner is probably going to start next to Demario Davis and is a really safe pick. He's going to be a solid LB at worst and good be very good. Adebo probably won't start at the beginning of the year, but could by mid year and will see the field before that in situations where you can limit his assignment. Which is about the best you can expect from a 3rd round pick.

And frankly, if you have to get 3 starters in a draft and you only have one first and one second round pick, then you are out of luck in pretty much so every draft unless you get incredibly lucky with the way the board falls. To the extent they still have holes, they will just have to rely on their pro and college scouts and sign some vet free agents and rookie free agents to fill in.

I don't really get this. Turner will see the field as a rotational DE and possibly moved inside as a interior pass rusher on third down. Werner is probably going to start next to Demario Davis and is a really safe pick. He's going to be a solid LB at worst and good be very good. Adebo probably won't start at the beginning of the year, but could by mid year and will see the field before that in situations where you can limit his assignment. Which is about the best you can expect from a 3rd round pick.

And frankly, if you have to get 3 starters in a draft and you only have one first and one second round pick, then you are out of luck in pretty much so every draft unless you get incredibly lucky with the way the board falls. To the extent they still have holes, they will just have to rely on their pro and college scouts and sign some vet free agents and rookie free agents to fill in.
I think he's got a great point, every one of our players needs development. Not a one guaranteed to be of any significant help in the first year and possibly even the second year.

The reach in the first round being the most head scratching.

I mean his bio reads just like Davenport from 3 years ago. And we all know how that's worked out.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom