The last year each NFL team drafted a QB in the 1st round (1 Viewer)

Twyst

Hall-of-Famer
Reaction score
bJDFmgv.jpg

That is an impressive graphic. Good find. But it does not account for the Saints drafting Dave Wilson with a #1 in the supplemental draft in 1981.

The Chiefs and Cowboys could be looking to draft a qb very soon.. I'd like to see this chart this time next year. Imagine how it will look if the Chiefs and Cowboys both draft a qb next year in round 1... Pretty cool :D

The Chiefs and Cowboys could be looking to draft a qb very soon.. I'd like to see this chart this time next year. Imagine how it will look if the Chiefs and Cowboys both draft a qb next year in round 1... Pretty cool :D
I dont see the cowboys drafting a QB in the first for at least 4 more years. For better or worse (it's going to be worse) they are tied to Romo now after that contract. We could be looking to draft a QB about the same time the cowboys do as that would put drew at 38.

I dont see the cowboys drafting a QB in the first for at least 4 more years. For better or worse (it's going to be worse) they are tied to Romo now after that contract.

I wouldnt rule out anything when Jerry Jones is in charge. Romo is about as safe as Jason Garrett is IMO.

Shows how the idea of drafting the first round franchise QB is relatively new.

edit - okay, okay. not right. brain fart.

That's not completely accurate. The Saints picked Dave Wilson in the first round of the supplemental draft in the early eighties. But even so, I think the Saints are still last on the list.

Dang thats crazy....42 years ago.....That goes to show that we dont have to gamble on a 1st round QB

Shows how the idea of drafting the first round franchise QB is relatively new.

No. This graphic just shows the last time each of the teams drafted a QB in the first round. There are plenty of unaccounted 1st round draft picks who played QB that are not listed because the team they were drafted by have since drafted another 1st rounder.

No. This graphic just shows the last time each of the teams drafted a QB in the first round. There are plenty of unaccounted 1st round draft picks who played QB that are not listed because the team they were drafted by have since drafted another 1st rounder.

1983 would be a good example of this. I believe there were 6 QBs taken in the first round that year.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom