The latest on FA visits to New Orleans (1 Viewer)

workhorse

No White Flags!
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
http://blog.nola.com/saintsbeat/2008/03/gay_is_here_reeves_in_houston.html

Interesting notes, including:

"Cornerback Randall Gay, however, is in New Orleans, where he has been meeting with Saints officials throughout the day. He is scheduled to go on to Tampa Bay next, unless the Saints can convince him to do what Reeves did and sign a contract before he leaves town."

"Defensive end Travis LaBoy is still planning to visit the Saints, but his trip has been pushed back to tomorrow morning. He made his first visit to Cleveland on Friday, so the Browns might be trying to keep him in town."

Gay is the only other "starting caliber" cornerback left out there.....
and he's not Spectacular!!

Based on what we've done so far in FA, I would predict the only FA visits that really mean anything would be those by 2007 Saints without a contract.

I'd like to have Gay in the secondary. He won't break the bank and will be pretty ok. I think we need to focus on getting a FS that won't let receivers behind him.

I'd like to have Gay in the secondary. He won't break the bank and will be pretty ok. I think we need to focus on getting a FS that won't let receivers behind him.

I think that's a good idea. :)

I still think Gay will be signed tonight by the Saints......(fingers crossed!)

The Saints are doing nothing as usual but locking up the same old players. They may have "contacted" big name players, and there is speculation of them signing Briggs, and Sheppard, and all that, but the fact remains that besides Vilma, they have done NOTHING!!! Same old Saints. Putting together the best 7-9 or 8-8 or 9-7 team that they can. Good job Loomis!!!

The Saints are doing nothing as usual but locking up the same old players. They may have "contacted" big name players, and there is speculation of them signing Briggs, and Sheppard, and all that, but the fact remains that besides Vilma, they have done NOTHING!!! Same old Saints. Putting together the best 7-9 or 8-8 or 9-7 team that they can. Good job Loomis!!!

Bargaining is a two way street, buddy. All Loomis could do is offer, its up to the other guy to agree or disagree.

This is not madden, you can't just manipulate the numbers until the red bar becomes green.

Take solace in the fact that Loomis has contacted linebacker, DTs, Cornerbacks, Defensive ends, and tight ends, so the FO is obviously in line with the fans thoughts of what our problem areas are.

Fire and Brimstione, the sky is falling.

Have to agree, no clear way to determine if Vilma will be ready and as a result we have basically stood still in free agency with a 30+mm surplus. We have not upgraded in one area on our team if JV isn't ready. With resigning some players we've maintained status quo. We are however weaker at TE and C depth. FA is still young, but let's be realistic here.

the lack of reasonable thought by some people astound me.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom