The Leftovers (HBO) (1 Viewer)

Interesting
I’m often that way too
Can’t watch one second of any 9/11 anything - fiction, doc, doesn’t matter
Similar with Katrina - started Treme, but didn’t finish- no documentaries (I’ll probably eventually watch some with my kids??)

i watched contagion no less than 10 times. I watched Pandemic on NEtflix and all the others attributed to SARS/MERS, ebola etc. over the years
Im fascinated by the viruses themselves along with the folks that dedicate their lives to investigating and trying to wrangle them under control.

i think once we are past this ill be able to enjoy again, but for now im on sabbatical. lol

I wanst as bad for KAtrina or 9/11 simply because the "unknowns" were relatively short lived.

This is just the opposite imo.

I'm finally getting around to this one. Good show. We just wrapped up season 2 and I kind of don't want to press on because I fell like it's a fairly satisfying ending.

And I would use Nora Durst's *** as a Covid mask.

I'm finally getting around to this one. Good show. We just wrapped up season 2 and I kind of don't want to press on because I fell like it's a fairly satisfying ending.

And I would use Nora Durst's *** as a Covid mask.
Press on

I keep getting close to a rewatch
It’s coming soon

We just finished this and I have some hot sports opinions, but imma read through this thread first and see what’s been covered.

All right. She’s in the “upside down” and sees her kids and husband shacking up with some new. I don’t care if I’m a “ghost”. I’m getting my kids back to the other side as soon as I discover it’s an option. I don’t care that my wife’s moved on. She and new guy can come too. But I’m not leaving them in dystopian wasteland. And like someone said earlier, we’re building 10 of those machines for starters, then 1000 and were getting our people back. Well write messages on goatskin or leather and send that through too to communicate and coordinate. But we’re getting our people back.

am in the rewatch - just started s3
watching this in out COVID/anti-vax times is a trip
i used to think the Guilty Remnant was a teensy bit over-fictionalized
nope

Interesting
I’m often that way too
Can’t watch one second of any 9/11 anything - fiction, doc, doesn’t matter
Similar with Katrina - started Treme, but didn’t finish- no documentaries (I’ll probably eventually watch some with my kids??)
its weird how that works differently depending on the situation. I did the exact same thing, watched and didn't finish Treme. I also own a couple of Katrina docs on DVD but haven't even opened them. I am probably at the point where I can watch now but that wasn't the case for the longest time.

I don't buy in to what I am seeing on youtube that the two scenes of ancient history were just to set up the continuing theme and tempo. I am talking about the woman who came out of the cave and died by snakebite and the other scene where the quaker looking folk were standing on rooftops because the preacher had predicted the rapture.

At first I thought the cave woman was the same woman that Kevin was sleeping with and departed in his arms. That would have been an interesting twist. But a tremor is what started that scene and a tremor is also what emptied the lake that saved Kevin. Couple that with the comment from the scientists who was buying Nora's house "we believe the events are geographical" I took it to mean that the tremors happened in the same location at very different times. It made me think that it was same points in parallel worlds.

but the ending does seem to tip its hat to the "love is not real" side
of maybe more like public, ceremonial acts of love are useless and pointless

but why the gap in their return until she indicates her love for Kevin?

and why hasn't anyone mentioned the goat wearing mardi gras beads?
I liked the fact that Nora took the beads and put them around her own neck. Since the beads were supposed to represent the sins of the others in town, I took it to be much like the Christ like actions of her brother when he relieved the mans post in the pillory.

I loved Nora's character probalby the most in this series (I will watch anything Carrie Coon plays in henceforth)

I could not stand Lauri's character and that became more and more true the more I learned about her.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom