The Leftovers (HBO) (1 Viewer)

Help me brother I'm on season 2 episode 4? He woke up in the lake with brick around his leg but it's dragging for me right now. Does the pace pick up????

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

short answer: yes
realer answer: but not really
my honest opinion is that if you're not into it by ep4 then it might not be for you - I thought s2 was one of the best seasons of TV ever, but i can easily see why it wouldn't be for everyone
- it's also something that i think you have to be in the mood for - you might want to shelve it and come back to it at a different time

short answer: yes

realer answer: but not really

my honest opinion is that if you're not into it by ep4 then it might not be for you - I thought s2 was one of the best seasons of TV ever, but i can easily see why it wouldn't be for everyone

- it's also something that i think you have to be in the mood for - you might want to shelve it and come back to it at a different time

Ok. Episode 4 and 5 brought it back. I think it was having to develop the Murphy's and the wife and sons story. It was like starting the series over but it's coming together now

Caught up! Now what do I do till tomorrow night! Really is an amazing show

that's some quality marathoning right there - you probably didn't even have time to scan your unique biometrics

No but every time I look in a mirror I become my twin brother.

What are your thoughts on how it ends?

The meaning of life. What gives you purpose?

The end was great...Sr. sitting atop roof...no flood.

Now what?

This whole time he thought the voices were giving him purpose. Explaining away his psychological issue. But he is crazy.

That whole hour was an introspective of Jr. The inner turmoil born out in a play.

The acting is just once again amazing to watch.

That's how I took it anyway and I could be quite wrong lololol

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

But what about Jr's immortality? The story can't simply be how Kevin and those around deal with this world wide shock event. The main character is basically immortal. That has to count for something.

No but every time I look in a mirror I become my twin brother.

What are your thoughts on how it ends?

my go to now is Nora gets in the box and Kevin rescues her while it's running (that's why she's ubertanned in the flashforward)
kevin dies which strands nora in some real life limbo

i don't like this idea - but this is where the clues lead me

my only caveat is that the finales usually have a 'hiding in broad daylight' aspect - thus far it's been the GR, but they haven't been a big presence this season
so 'surprise' candidate who's been visible the whole time:
aborigines
the woman whose 5 kids died
the lesbian physicists and/or mark lynn baker
but probably Michael is the biggest wildcard - he's a major character who hasn't filled any specific role - he's been more spectral than anything
- the other bonus of this idea is that it lets Lindleof scratch another lost itch - i think the Lost writers has big plans for Walt, but scrapped them couldn't keep his chops up as he aged (reportedly)

i have no idea what Michael would actually do, but i like the idea of him controlling the ending for the surprise fun of it all
but i'm still leaning to Nora/box

But what about Jr's immortality? The story can't simply be how Kevin and those around deal with this world wide shock event. The main character is basically immortal. That has to count for something.

the writers have taken pains to say that all of Kevin's 'deaths' and resurrections are scientifically plausible - so the question is "does kevin go to an actual place"? or are these just 'life flashing before your eyes' imaginings?

the writers have taken pains to say that all of Kevin's 'deaths' and resurrections are scientifically plausible - so the question is "does kevin go to an actual place"? or are these just 'life flashing before your eyes' imaginings?

He is being drowned repeatedly, I don't think we can buy the "scientifically plausible" excuse any longer.

He is being drowned repeatedly, I don't think we can buy the "scientifically plausible" excuse any longer.

i haven't read/heard the specific example i'm using below, but they have indicated that they are ok leaning on extra-ordinary coincidences

They say lightning never strikes twice, but try telling that to 61-year-old Melvin Roberts.
The South Carolina man has been struck 10 times - and lives to tell the tale.
'It's like grabbing an electrical cord. You don't feel the burns until it's over with,' heavily-scarred Roberts told ABC News.
'It cooks you from the inside out like being in a microwave. And you've got a hurting in your bones.'

Read more: South Carolina man, 61, survives being struck by lightning 10 TIMES | Daily Mail Online
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

i think the Lost writers has big plans for Walt, but scrapped them couldn't keep his chops up as he aged (reportedly)
I think it was that he got scrapped because Lost was a show (at first) about 30-50 days long over the first 2-3 seasons but he shot up like a weed during that time and it wasn't realistic to the show anymore.

(Maybe behind the scenes the lost chops was the issue, but that is what they said in public.)

We use what, 10% of our brains?

I think where he goes is a construct of his psyche.

And watching final, I now get the significance of the White dressed Kevin killing the black dressed Kevin.

Solid episode. So do you think Nora did go to that alternate place or is it something she came up with in her talk sessions with Lori over the years to finally make peace with it. True or not. It helped her move on.

It had to be a Damon Lindelof Easter egg when Kevin is at Nora's door. He says that he's on vacation.....off the grid, like to get a little LOST.
Kevin believes her and that's all that matters now.

For me, another construct. She found the dude who made the machine? To make another to come back? Stop it lolol

What a great finale.

Gonna miss the acting in this ...it was absolutely great.

Most people accept the convenient lie to make things acceptable.
That's what the show's ending is about.
Do we, along with Kevin, accept Nora's story and sleep comfortably knowing the two world's diverged and that THIS world had it easier, in that we only lost SOME, compared to the other world, which lost MOST of the population.
Kevin chooses to accept that Nora DID indeed go through and THAT is why she didn't contact him. She was gone for a "long, long, time."
Lori would have the answer but that is not an option for we the audience.
We just have to choose to believe whether or not the top keeps spinning.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom