The Life Of A Free Agent Kicker (1 Viewer)

Thanks for posting. Very good read and makes me almost want to bring him back to kick the tires. :ezbill:

He couldn't be any worse than what we currently have.... could he?

Wow great read. I wasn't ever not a fan of Hartley, but that article made me willingly pull for him no matter who/when he signs. He always seemed down in New Orleans. Even when he would get the game ball, he seemed to dreary. Maybe he was, maybe he wasn't, maybe he had something in his personal life that he was working through. Maybe he is just low key.

Regardless I hope he has found happiness in life despite some pretty rough circumstances and experiences to overcome.

All that said I wish we still had a John Carney still in camp to coach up the kickers. I wish we were not still chasing a steady, reliable, and retainable kicker who could be with us for the long term. I'm no how I would feel if we resigned Hartley. Maybe he has grown and matured over the years. Either way I wish him all the best.

Excellent read. Did not know about his daughter; I couldn't image what that would be like.

Sometimes we ***** on players for not performing but we really do not know what's going on in the personal lives. There's more to life than work. Overall great read.

great article
thanks for posting
it's always good to be reminded that when we ***** and moan about players that they are people with talents and failings like anyone else

Very interesting perspective, well written.

Thanks for posting.

Excellent piece by Hartley. I'm not sure I knew about him losing his daughter, either. I had posted several days ago that if we see failures out of the kicking game this year, then bringing him back can't be any worse than what we would have.

And it's not his fault we lost to the Rams in '13, either. He didn't play O-line that day.

Thanks, great catch, an excellent read.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom