The list: Who's left (1 Viewer)

Who is the best run-stopping, edge-setting, pass-rushing, block-shedding, coverage OLB still on the FA market?

We need to sign that guy.

That person is not available; if he was, he would have been signed by now. Victor Butler may be the best bet though there is no indication we have any interest in him. There are some needs that can be addressed through FA but not every move. It is time for us to turn our attention toward the draft in terms of getting help at OLB.

I'll have one Vollmer, a Danario Alexander, and you know what...I'm going to try something different, let me try a Talib as well. No scratch that, just bring me a Reed with a side of James Harrison.

Add these to Available List

QB
Kevin Kolb
Ryan Fitzpatrick

RB
Beanie Wells
Jalen Parmele
La'Rod Stephens-Howling
Felix Jones

WR
Darrius Heyward-Bey

TE
Brandon Myers
Ed Dickson
Ben Watson

Remove these

RB Dwyer

TE Gonzalez

quite a few quality 3-4 OLBs and DEs still on the market. i also wouldn't mind taking a shot at volmer if the price is right.

We'll have to shop from the bargain aisle, so a name to look for might be Gerald Sensabaugh

I'll have one Vollmer, a Danario Alexander, and you know what...I'm going to try something different, let me try a Talib as well. No scratch that, just bring me a Reed with a side of James Harrison.

Are you planning on a dine-and-dash?

Winston would be a nice addition to the line. Butler and Sensabaugh would make a lot of sense too if they come reasonably priced.

Wouldn't Danario Alexander look great in B&G!

I know it's not realistic, but someone is gonna get a nice player because the SD FO tendered him at the lowest level. He does fit our scheme nicely as a big guy that can go up and get it, good speed too...just a big ole injury risk-

“[Idonije has] done a number of good things and had a number of good games both outside and inside,” Bears general manager Phil Emery recently told the Chicago Sun-Times. “He’s a guy we will sit down with and talk to about coming back. He’s got versatility and that’s a positive thing for Izzy. He’s done a good job for us.”
Idonije, 6-6, 275 pounds, has not missed a game while recording 20.5 sacks and 149 tackles over the last three seasons.

Free agent DE Israel Idonije could be

Guys i would like for us to sign:

S - Louis Delmas
OLB - Victor Butler
OT - Sean Locklear
TE - Kevin Boss
WR - Darius Heyward-Bey
QB - Ryan Fitzpatrick

Each filling a need, and importantly should be atleast somewhat affordable (we would probably have to release Harper to sign Delmas)

It would also allow us to go with BPA or trade down in the draft...

Guys i would like for us to sign:

S - Louis Delmas
OLB - Victor Butler
OT - Sean Locklear
TE - Kevin Boss
WR - Darius Heyward-Bey
QB - Ryan Fitzpatrick

Each filling a need, and importantly should be atleast somewhat affordable (we would probably have to release Harper to sign Delmas)

It would also allow us to go with BPA or trade down in the draft...

Idk, first Delmas is signed already. Butler may not get out of PIT according to reports. Locklear is a swing tackle at best which might help, Boss has had more head injuries that David Thomas, Fitz will want to compete for a job and cost too much money. Heyward-Bey might be a fit for real cheap, he can only run the go route, but that might be all we need to replace DH--though I know he can not block like DH-

WR-DHB
TE-Dennis Pitta
QB-Tim Teebow
CB-NA
OLB-V. Butler
DE-Micheal Bennett

If we can somehow talk Todd McClure out of retirement...We really need a C. We have no one behind DLP.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom