The Lone Ranger movie (1 Viewer)

Saw a report on Drudge earlier today that indicates the Lone Ranger is bombing at the box office.

Finally, for the affeciando, they did play the William Tell music near the end.

They actually worked the William Tell Overture in throughout the whole movie with subtle variations. Listen to the very opening of the movie again, it's in there. I've said it before, I'll say it again. Hans Zimmer is a genius. He actually did the same thing in the first Downey Sherlock Holmes movie. The finale takes place on the under-construction Big Ben. The theme being played during that scene is the clock tones that Big Ben (and countless other clocks) make, written in a minor key to reflect the peril of the scene. He's in my top 5 all-time movie composers ever.

/musicgeek

Finally, for the affeciando, they did play the William Tell music near the end.

They did but honestly they played it for way too long. It ran for like 5 minutes straight. It got to the point I was like "I get, he's finally the Lone Ranger. Let it rest already".

Armand Hammer.....What is: What you name your child if your "political action committee" thinks you've lost faith in its wealth redistribution mantra? Correct for $200!

I kind of agree they are dead, the two you mentioned and Open Range are the only three I have in my collection. The first Young Guns was real good. But I am not sold that you can't connect with it. They had kind of disappeared before the ones we mentioned came out but people connected with those. They just have to be done right.

I really enjoyed the remake of True Grit as well. The thing is westerns have to be done really well to connect. It's not like some genres where you can spit in a bowl and cash in for 300 million with it (re: The Transformers movies). Since they have no intrinsic value in terms of people personally relating the story and acting have to really be top notch.

3:10 to Yuma was pretty good also.

I went in with no expectations. Came away entertained. It was a bit long. Depp was funny. Depp was depp.. dont say its just jack sparrow. Its depp.. Armie hammer as Lone Ranger reminded me a bit of brendan fraser.

My dad was a huge fan of the Lone Ranger growing up and he still has his childhood Lone Ranger lunch pale on display. He went today to see it and he said he absolutely enjoyed the movie even with its changes. Then again maybe he was drunk?:scratch:

I'm glad he enjoyed it.

Really good movie. There was a good combination of traditional and new aspects to the Lone Ranger story. If you like the old western movies...you'll like this one!!

I wonder how many heads are rolling at the studio over this one? Wow, it's going to lose a ton of money.

i really like it, except the finale last season was underwhelming for the series.

Agreed. Plus I hate to say goodbye to the fair haired maiden of the west. I am intrigued where they go from there though. It did work from that angle, imho.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom