The loss of Jerome Bushrod (1 Viewer)

Kenosha26

Veteran
Reaction score
Apparently I'm not the only one who thought Bushrod was overrated... Sorry if already posted but I didnt see it elsewhere. According to Walter Football.com Walter gave the Bears a Z- for the signing of Bushrod...

"Bears sign OT Jermon Bushrod (5 years, $36M; $17.7M guaranteed): Z- Grade
I can't take this signing seriously, so I'm not grading it seriously either. The fact that the Bears think they're actually upgrading J'Marcus Webb at left tackle by obtaining Jermon Bushrod is an absolute joke. In fact, I really don't think the front office has watched a second of Bushrod's tape.

Bushrod allowed tons of pressures every week. The reason his sack total was so low was because Drew Brees released the ball so quickly. Bushrod's sack numbers will increase exponentially as he's trying to block for Jay Cutler. That means Cutler will likely miss multiple games due to injury yet again. The Bears would be better off with Webb manning the blind-side position again. I find it so ridiculous that an NFL front office would pay so much money to a pedestrian player."

Glad we didnt reach to keep him on the roster, but we definitely need to find a replacement!

was437

Pro-Bowler
Reaction score
Apparently I'm not the only one who thought Bushrod was overrated... Sorry if already posted but I didnt see it elsewhere. According to Walter Football.com Walter gave the Bears a Z- for the signing of Bushrod...

"Bears sign OT Jermon Bushrod (5 years, $36M; $17.7M guaranteed): Z- Grade
I can't take this signing seriously, so I'm not grading it seriously either. The fact that the Bears think they're actually upgrading J'Marcus Webb at left tackle by obtaining Jermon Bushrod is an absolute joke. In fact, I really don't think the front office has watched a second of Bushrod's tape.

Bushrod allowed tons of pressures every week. The reason his sack total was so low was because Drew Brees released the ball so quickly. Bushrod's sack numbers will increase exponentially as he's trying to block for Jay Cutler. That means Cutler will likely miss multiple games due to injury yet again. The Bears would be better off with Webb manning the blind-side position again. I find it so ridiculous that an NFL front office would pay so much money to a pedestrian player."

Glad we didnt reach to keep him on the roster, but we definitely need to find a replacement!
I agree.

And, if thats your sister in your profile pic, hook me up! I gots potential. Lol.

Blessedog

Hall-of-Famer
Reaction score
Jerome Bushrod is obviously better than Jerry Rice and deserves to be paid as the best player in the history of the game.

Flipx99

Thanks MJ!
Reaction score
It's hard to take that WF post seriously, the Bears front office may not have watched much tape -- but I believe they have a new coach who knows Bushrod pretty well.

sykobob671

"BUGJUICE"
Reaction score
Bushrod is going to be playing almost all of his games outdoors in some very cold weather and probably bad field conditions (Minnesota is playing outdoors for the next 2 years) i just
don't see him doing nearly as well in Chicago as he did in New Orleans

OP
Kenosha26

Kenosha26

Veteran
Reaction score
It's hard to take that WF post seriously, the Bears front office may not have watched much tape -- but I believe they have a new coach who knows Bushrod pretty well.
Yes he (Kromer) knows him well, and he looked great in practice going against Will Smith all damn day! He struggles with speed rushers...

reason2believe

Hall-of-Famer
Reaction score
The problem? We have to replace him. And if he was that bad, we need to upgrade.

The other problem? Our o line has slowly been getting worse over the last few years. That is not a good trend. Actually that is a terrlble tend.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
woohoosaint N/S Cowboys fan loses it after loss to the Cardinals Saints Super Forum (Main Board) 32