The loss of Jerome Bushrod (1 Viewer)

The problem? We have to replace him. And if he was that bad, we need to upgrade.

The other problem? Our o line has slowly been getting worse over the last few years. That is not a good trend. Actually that is a terrlble tend.

He would look good there if they also had Brees. Thankfully he is a Saint.

The problem? We have to replace him. And if he was that bad, we need to upgrade.

The other problem? Our o line has slowly been getting worse over the last few years. That is not a good trend. Actually that is a terrlble tend.

Bounty gate..... the o line suffered the loss of sp.

worse? grubbs/de la puente/evans are some of the best in the league at their positions. the tackle spots are weak, moreso now without bushrod. strief was pedestrian last year, bushrod needed help a lot. payton wasnt here to help gameplan, it was obvious carmichael wasnt 100% ready to gameplan with him and brees.

in the saints defense, they did draft marcel jones last year, who is 6'-7" and 320 from nebraska. i know he was a 7th rounder, but saints have a history (under payton) of finding gems in rounds 3-7. the saints dont just let a player go without a backup plan... loomis/payton know something we dont. give it time...

ProFootballWeekly.com - Draft Prospect - Marcel Jones

Did someone call Jerome?

Trinidad-Jerome-2-e1357134928672.png

I hate to see a vet like that whom the Saints groomed to become a good LT and we just let him go like that. Im quite sure Bushrod gve the Saints the right to retain him he just went fr the money. I dnt blame him one bit. We lost Nicks and Bushrod back to back years. Also DLP is a FA. Now our O-Line is our biggest need. You have a 100 million dollar QB with a crappy O-Line. Example- U got a Ferarri and u putting crappy oil in it. Its nnot gonna run right. Want be on the road long at all. Ya feel me!

Look to me we are rebuilding my friends. We are rebuilding!!!SMH

I hate to see a vet like that whom the Saints groomed to become a good LT and we just let him go like that. Im quite sure Bushrod gve the Saints the right to retain him he just went fr the money. I dnt blame him one bit. We lost Nicks and Bushrod back to back years. Also DLP is a FA. Now our O-Line is our biggest need. You have a 100 million dollar QB with a crappy O-Line. Example- U got a Ferarri and u putting crappy oil in it. Its nnot gonna run right. Want be on the road long at all. Ya feel me!

Look to me we are rebuilding my friends. We are rebuilding!!!SMH

There are some teams that just tend to develop players well at certain positions, so they can gain a "cap advantage" by not paying for those positions. The Steelers develop LBers, then let them go. The Broncos used to get bargain basement RBs, develop them, and let them go when it's time for their big payday. The Saints just have historically developed offensive linemen... It started long before Payton got here too... Starting with Willie Roaf, we have let Pro Bowl linemen go, one after the other, and our line has continued to be among the best in the NFL for the last 15 years.

Willie Roaf
Kyle Turley
LeCharles Bentley
Jeff Faine
Jammal Brown
Jonathan Goodwin
Carl Nicks
... and now Jermon Bushrod

It is always sad to see a guy like Bushrod walk. He was drafted by the Saints and us fans got to see him grow as a player. He wanted a lot of money (although the guaranteed was less than I expected) and in our system, the guards are more important than the tackles. Sorry they just are. If Loomis felt it was too much to keep it, I have no regrets letting him go.

worse? grubbs/de la puente/evans are some of the best in the league at their positions. the tackle spots are weak, moreso now without bushrod. strief was pedestrian last year, bushrod needed help a lot. payton wasnt here to help gameplan, it was obvious carmichael wasnt 100% ready to gameplan with him and brees.

in the saints defense, they did draft marcel jones last year, who is 6'-7" and 320 from nebraska. i know he was a 7th rounder, but saints have a history (under payton) of finding gems in rounds 3-7. the saints dont just let a player go without a backup plan... loomis/payton know something we dont. give it time...

ProFootballWeekly.com - Draft Prospect - Marcel Jones:plus-un2:

I agree Jones was Pushing Zac Stief for that RT spot,I think Saints will Slide Marcel Jones to the left side,and also Charles Brown a shot at LT..Please can we stop acting as J.Bushrod was one of the top of the LT in the NFL....PFF had Bushrod ranked #44 as a LT.Also,When the Saints played the Elite pass rushers, who on the o-line always had help? You got it Bushrod!!!!!! Saints will be fine,an Bress will make the next LT look good too...WHODAT

good bye to a mediocre lt. how much credit does former coach(his new coach) deserve in developing all the late round ol?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom