The loss of Jerome Bushrod (1 Viewer)

Saints tend to go to small schools to find bigtime OL. Watch out for Terron Armstead from Arkansas Pine Bluff. He is not just good he is very good. Chk him out guys. If we can manage to get that 2nd rounder bk i am hoping he is our guy. Fingers is crossed. Very good athlete and is best at pass protection and can get down field on run blocks with no problems. Im really really high on Terron Armstead. Im so high on Armstead i will start him day 1. Thanks for everything Bushrod. It was a pleasure seeing you in the black and gold. The Whodatnation will see you in Chicago when the Saints come to town.

If we can find somehow to trade up in the 2nd round TERRON ARMSTEAD is my guy....WHO DAT!!!:hihi::9:

This isn't the loss some people are making it out to be. Bushrod is an average LT who looked good because of Brees' mobility. Bushrod constantly needed help against any of the above average defensive ends in the NFL, and he was awful against speed rushers.

Is he an upgrade for the Bears? Absolutely. Just keep in mind that the Bears offensive line would be upgraded by five wet paper bags.

I sometimes can't believe that some of the people on this board watch the same games I do. All season I watched Bushrod get BLOWN off the line. His only saving grace was that he could hold on to the guys and keep the from from pushing him sideways. Also Drew has amazing pocket awareness. That is probably cause he knows where the pressure is going to come from because its always the same guys that can't hold a block.
I don't like to see good/veteran players go but, I am going to be sooooo much happier watching Bushrod getting pushed back into Cutler who can't move and barely knows who's on the field let alone where they are.
Mark my words, if the Bears start Bushrod, Cutler will have a torn mcl from Bushrod landing on him before the end of the season.

Is Jerome Bushrod related to Ricky Hitler?

1 thing's for sure, that move will change the mocks!

The problem? We have to replace him. And if he was that bad, we need to upgrade.

The other problem? Our o line has slowly been getting worse over the last few years. That is not a good trend. Actually that is a terrlble tend.

I totally agree. The point of this thread wasn't to butcher 'JERMON's' first name, only to point out that a non-local thinks that a team in our conference vastly overpaid for an average OT on day 1 of free agency. I think Bushrod was decent and I am happy that he "started" for our Saints when we won our ONLY superbowl. I wish him the best of luck with the Bears and I'm glad he got his big pay day. I am equally as happy that the Saints did not overpay to keep him here. He struggled with the speed rusher as do most offensive tackles and Drew cant make reads or even get the ball off when DE's blew by Jermon on an outside rush. Change could be good, or change can be bad. But if our O-Line has been on the decline in recent years, maybe a change can be good! Here is to optimistically hoping Loomis brings in the right man for the job at the right price whether that be free agency or the draft... stay tuned!

The tackles have been awful since Drew got here but he has made them look much better than they actually are by being great at moving around in the pocket and getting rid of the ball fast. I saw enough of Bushrod getting run over by defensive ends to last a lifetime and I'm glad that the front office didn't waste money by giving him a big contract.

Saints tend to go to small schools to find bigtime OL. Watch out for Terron Armstead from Arkansas Pine Bluff. He is not just good he is very good. Chk him out guys. If we can manage to get that 2nd rounder bk i am hoping he is our guy. Fingers is crossed. Very good athlete and is best at pass protection and can get down field on run blocks with no problems. Im really really high on Terron Armstead. Im so high on Armstead i will start him day 1. Thanks for everything Bushrod. It was a pleasure seeing you in the black and gold.
I only red-thumbed this because of the fantasy of getting our 2nd round pick back.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom