The "loud, belligerent screamer in public" trend (1 Viewer)

Icon

Veteran
Reaction score
I know that watching enough Internet videos can easily convince a person that something is way more common than it really is.

But seriously......what's up with this?

I never see anything close to that, anywhere. Obviously there have been a handful of times in my life that I've witnessed public disagreements that got heated, sure........but this whole deal of level 9 or 10 meltdowns over being asked to wear a mask.....or racial tirades....or whatever is going on............this is literally the worst time in existence to be doing any of that, considering that pretty much any basic cell phone after like 2010 probably has recording capabilities.

Some say "well we don't know what led up to that....we only know what we saw".............true, but that person SHOULD see that cell phone being held while they are screaming like a lunatic.

Didn't people used to take a little more pride in how they acted in public?

Short answer... Intimidation.

More NPD types, I am afraid...commonly referred to on the internet as attention whores.

Digital soap box. It's nothing new, just a new way of delivering the soap box rant.

1594215966534.png

1594215974527.png

They sure look intimidating later on when they're posting some "that doesn't reflect me or my values" apology online about it sometime after the fact :LOL: .
Yeah that Tech CEO looks like a complete moron now. I mean that video was shocking when I saw it yesterday and theres NO comoing back from it for that guy. He has to be on coke or something. I cant see someone that successful having a puclic meltdown like that otherwise.

I don’t care what leads up to it.

There is no amount to egging on that justifies an adult behaving the way most of the people in these videos are.

I think a lot of these people live in an echo chamber. They surround themselves with like-minded people who confirm their own biases and these in-groups work each other up into thinking their beliefs (upon which they establish their entire identity) are beyond reproach and they're right and there are no credible counter-arguments. Then they go out, armed with this self-satisfaction, and then they're confronted by someone who disrupts their thinking with even the most basic logical contest and these people are unable to reconcile their shattered identities with the logical flaws in their ideologies that they've never truly had to confront before and it manifests itself in violent opposition because there is no other option than to change a core belief at the spur of the moment and admit another person is right, and people can't do that when they're in confrontation mode (that slight sting is pride ****ing with you). So you get an explosion then upon further reflection, the remorse.

Either that or they're idiots.

The "no spankings everyone gets a trophy" generation is finally blossoming. :smilielol:
I dunno, a lot of folks in these videos are Boomer age....

I think we need to start realizing that certain traits are embedded in most humans, and just the technology has changed how we see that behavior.

It's like older folks complaining about how younger folks are on the phones all the time or texting and driving.. and then you see someone in their 50's-60's on their phone all day, or looking at it while driving their car...

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom