The LSU-Bama Hype Machine (1 Viewer)

Who’s announcing? Please don’t say Danielson. Please don’t say Danielson.
Lol I could barely watch the UGA UF game earlier today because of that dude. He's so annoying.

So serious question for you LSU guys. They talked about it a bit on ESPN Radio this week (maybe Will Cain?), but if Bama goes to Death Valley and blows the doors off the consensus #1 defense in CFB, is that the end for college football this year? I've already decided that Bama is the best team and it's really not close, but curious what you guys think. Will you be interested in CFB in Dec/Jan if Bama wins by 20 or so?

I'm thinking 45-21 Bama, and that's not because I dislike LSU (I don't like LSU or Bama). I just think Bama is next level this year.

So serious question for you LSU guys. They talked about it a bit on ESPN Radio this week (maybe Will Cain?), but if Bama goes to Death Valley and blows the doors off the consensus #1 defense in CFB, is that the end for college football this year? I've already decided that Bama is the best team and it's really not close, but curious what you guys think. Will you be interested in CFB in Dec/Jan if Bama wins by 20 or so?

I'm thinking 45-21 Bama, and that's not because I dislike LSU (I don't like LSU or Bama). I just think Bama is next level this year.
This is the way I see the Alabama juggernaut...
Imagine if there was one team in the NFL that can have any size roster they want. They have no salary cap, an owner that has more money than Saudi Arabia, and they have the right to acquire any player they want even if that player is already under contract. But all the other teams have to play by the current rules.

Obviously, in this scenario it wouldn't be so hard to build a dominant team. In essence this is what is keeping Bama on top of the football world. Not only can Saban now have his pick of the litter regarding his starters, but so many kids want to play there, they are willing to play at Alabama as second stringers just to get into the big dance throughout their college career.

There are a few kids who have loyalties to a particular school and they may turn down Bama's offer, but the best players in the country still want to play at Alabama and it's not a challenge for Saban to get them. It's pretty much going to be this way until Nick calls it a career. And college football is the worst for it.

This is the way I see the Alabama juggernaut...
Imagine if there was one team in the NFL that can have any size roster they want. They have no salary cap, an owner that has more money than Saudi Arabia, and they have the right to acquire any player they want even if that player is already under contract. But all the other teams have to play by the current rules..... And college football is the worst for it.

Right that's kind of my point. If they hammer LSU next week I think it will be bad for college football. And what's sad is that it would be pretty wide open this year if not for Bama. It would be nice to enter November not knowing the outcome.

Right that's kind of my point. If they hammer LSU next week I think it will be bad for college football. And what's sad is that it would be pretty wide open this year if not for Bama. It would be nice to enter November not knowing the outcome.
Right. The rest of the FBS knows that they all are just playing for second place.
It has ruined a lot of the excitement that used to be part of college football. I do hate Bama & Saban. You may as well put a great NFL franchise in the FBS. It's no contest.

I actually think the government’s department of Justice needs to step in force the ncaa to break up Alabama like the DOJ broke up the telephone monopoly in the 80’s. It’s just not fair.

LSU has zero chance to win this game.

Our offense simply cannot match what they’re facing. Not enough firepower. Burrows will have to be Tua-esque and I haven’t seen anything near that level from Burrow. Our receivers would have to really step up. We will have to cheat, and get away with it, in order to make a dent in Bama’s defense.
Now teams have had success running on Bama but that can’t work longterm. Bama is scoring on almost every drive!

Our defense is missing two of their best Linebackers. One is hurt and the other wrongly penalized. We are limping into it. Bama averages 39 points IN THE FIRST HALF!

I chalked Bama up as the champ after the 4th game. Never seen a team like that in college. They are the absolute best team in college- ever!
#bamabreakup
#eatthecheese

Last edited:
Bama's defense is not as good as years past. If LSU can stay ahead of the chains and convert 3rd downs, they have a legitimate shot at winning. No Devon White hurts, but he should be a step ahead of everyone else in the second half. The atmosphere will be nuts. I think LSU pulls the upset.

https://www.actionnetwork.com/ncaaf/alabama-lsu-betting-odds-spread-line-week-10-2018

Curious what tiger fans think of the spread. 14 point dogs at home at night? :unsure:
It's hard to imagine LSU being able to score enough points to keep up with Bama after watching them struggle offensively against MSU. Especially when we're missing our best defensive player for the first half. If Alabama goes up two scores the game could be out of reach early. Joe Burrow will have to have bring his A game in this one if we going to have a chance because as in years past we aren't running on Bama.

They'll come out playing inspired football without a doubt and I hope they make me eat my words, but honestly the spread at only 14 may be a bit generous.

I kinda felt like we would have no shot against Georgia and we spanked them.... Which gives me some hope against Bama... Granted Bama will not play a better team this year than LSU in my opinion, I think there is hope with Burrow.... I know that is just so weird being a first year starter and just joining the club in May?? (forgot exactly when hehe....) Seems Bama has been playing flawlessly so far this year, and it will only take one play to add some doubt....

Sounds like Bama is like Ivan Drago. Remember, he’s not a machine, he’s a man!
rocky_hits_drago-400x300.gif

I kinda felt like we would have no shot against Georgia and we spanked them.... Which gives me some hope against Bama... Granted Bama will not play a better team this year than LSU in my opinion, I think there is hope with Burrow.... I know that is just so weird being a first year starter and just joining the club in May?? (forgot exactly when hehe....) Seems Bama has been playing flawlessly so far this year, and it will only take one play to add some doubt....
The hope you feel is called 'takeaways'. Takeaways are the great equalizer. LSU would have to do the taking and Bama would have to do the giving... a lot!

Could it happen? Sure. Will it happen? Well, that's what Bama haters are hoping will keep the game interesting going into the second half.
However, if we are ever within 2 touchdowns of Alabama anywhere in the 4th quarter, I am going to be genuinely proud of my Tigers. If we ever within one TD during that same time, I believe I will actually go into shock.

That's just the way it is... and everyone knows it.

I actually think the government’s department of Justice needs to step in force the ncaa to break up Alabama like the DOJ broke up the telephone monopoly in the 80’s. It’s just not fair.

LSU has zero chance to win this game.

Our offense simply cannot match what they’re facing. Not enough firepower. Burrows will have to be Tua-esque and I haven’t seen anything near that level from Burrow. Our receivers would have to really step up. We will have to cheat, and get away with it, in order to make a dent in Bama’s defense.
Now teams have had success running on Bama but that can’t work longterm. Bama is scoring on almost every drive!

Our defense is missing two of their best Linebackers. One is hurt and the other wrongly penalized. We are limping into it. Bama averages 39 points IN THE FIRST HALF!

I chalked Bama up as the champ after the 4th game. Never seen a team like that in college. They are the absolute best team in college- ever!
#bamabreakup
#eatthecheese
Compared to when a smaller school like La Tech or Arkansas State plays LSU? That s a matchup that seems unfair.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom