The Magnificent Seven (1 Viewer)

Reaction score
The title seems to be the only re-make here. The story might share a similar theme, but the circumstances are different.

The cast looks like this will be fun to watch and when the trailer credits rolled, I caught a glimpse of our friend Nick Pizzalatto's name there.

I'm in.

Actually even the title is different from the original: :hihi:

7samurai2.jpg

But yeah, this new one looks like a good bit of fun.

Actually even the title is different from the original: :hihi:

7samurai2.jpg

But yeah, this new one looks like a good bit of fun.

Exactly! Seven Samurai was what my father showed us when one of my friends said they wanted to watch Magnificent Seven. We all thought he was crazy, but he was on point.

I loved the American version as well. McQueen and Yul Brenner, and just the entire cast were amazing. I am glad that this version won't follow the same story line, but at the same time I am finding that cast hard to believe being a thing in the 1800s when Magnificent Seven is set. A black guy, and Native American, an Asian, some white guys, I just find it hard to imagine a group of guys like that running together then, but it's a movie, so why not. I will watch this version with much excitement.

I keep trying to make a case for any movie ever topping Seven Samurai, and I can't do it. Even Ikiru or other masterpieces by Kurosawa can't top the way the entire movie makes me feel when I rewatch it. Those peasants.... that's us.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom