The Main Reason Mark Ingram Will NOT Be Successful This Season. (1 Viewer)

Sproles and PT do more than just run the ball for this team. Ingram don't have the skills PT and Sproles do.

Just look what Sproles did for this O last season. No need to mention what PT has done for the team in the past.

How can you even say this with a straight face? You are not a coach. You are not watching him in practice. You don't really know for sure.

It is evident that Sproles has a specific set of skills that few backs have EVER had. And it is also evident that Pierre Thomas will give more effort than almost any back at any given time. It is also evident that his balance is that of a ballerina.

But when it comes to Ingram, NOTHING is evident. And it will NEVER be because he hasn't been given a chance. It is Reggie all over again. My biggest issue is this: Why give up 2 first round picks for a guy you aren't even going to use when you are up in the 4th quarter?

How can you even say this with a straight face? You are not a coach. You are not watching him in practice. You don't really know for sure.

It is evident that Sproles has a specific set of skills that few backs have EVER had. And it is also evident that Pierre Thomas will give more effort than almost any back at any given time. It is also evident that his balance is that of a ballerina.

But when it comes to Ingram, NOTHING is evident. And it will NEVER be because he hasn't been given a chance. It is Reggie all over again. My biggest issue is this: Why give up 2 first round picks for a guy you aren't even going to use when you are up in the 4th quarter?
What have you seen besides what he's done in college that makes you think that he's better than Sproles and PT? NOTHING!!!

We don't need Ingram to be a world beater. He'll squirt out a run or two but until he gets consistent carries..rather than being pulled out of the game after every single carry we won't see much from him. He needs to feel out a defense...see how they are playing him. Thats hard to do rotating in and out.

The main thing we've needed him to do is convert those 2nd and 3rd and shorts. He pulled off another one today and thats what im keying on.

He did his job!

This team has won the last 2 weeks, but it wouldnt be so close if we could get the run game going. And if Ingram could get 20 carries, I would LOVE to see what he could do. Running the ball take a mindset, a "I am going to beat your blank into the ground" mindset. The running game also helps the defense by controlling the time of possession. You guys saw the stats, when we have been in the top 10 in the league in rushing, we were 13-3 twice. The 6 seasons we have been outside of the top 10, we have been mediocre and barely .500.

Now that Kromer is no longer the head coach, I really think our O-Line will start playing better when it comes to run blocking.

It's time to activate Ivory. He deserves a chance at this point.

If Ingram weren't playing so bad I'd think otherwise but we are 2-4. We have nothing to lose. Deactivate Cadet and activate Ivory if you want to keep Ingram in uniform.

Wrong. The last defense Ingram supporters have is that he is not getting consistent carries, which is an empty argument. The reason he won't be successful is because he isn't good.

PT doesn't get consistent carries - and he still runs for 5 yards like nothing when he gets a carry.

Yes, because 13 carries for 32 yards is exponentially better than 7 for 21.
Why are you so adament about giving anyone more carries let alone Ingram when no one is getting the job done in the running game. Why should the Saints take the ball out of their 100 million dollar QB's hands who will probably throw a 20 yard strike between two defenders in favor of giving the ball to Ingram where he will probably get 3 yards. I don't get why anyone wants to go run crazy if nothing is getting done in the run game. The Saints need to run enough to keep the defense honest, and if the running game is working then go even further. But so far this year, it's not a 6th rank running game kind of year so why take the ball out of Brees' hands?

Play-action with Ingram is still pretty effective.

Yes it is because they run the ball 95% of the time straight up the middle with him that why everyone bites on it and why he gets stopped everytime. Try a screen or pitch once and awhile jesus please we are sitting this guy up for failure and no one is realizing it

What have you seen besides what he's done in college that makes you think that he's better than Sproles and PT? NOTHING!!!

As I said before, we do not KNOW. All I want is to be able to properly evaluate him. I am not saying that he deserves to start and lets cut Ivory, Cadet and relegate Pierre to a back-up role. What I am saying is that he will never be successful getting 7 carries per game. And on top of that, we will never know what we have until he gets the proper amount of carries.

Why are you so adament about giving anyone more carries let alone Ingram when no one is getting the job done in the running game. Why should the Saints take the ball out of their 100 million dollar QB's hands who will probably throw a 20 yard strike between two defenders in favor of giving the ball to Ingram where he will probably get 3 yards. I don't get why anyone wants to go run crazy if nothing is getting done in the run game. The Saints need to run enough to keep the defense honest, and if the running game is working then go even further. But so far this year, it's not a 6th rank running game kind of year so why take the ball out of Brees' hands?

You answered your own question.

You answered your own question.
Then answer mine. Why take the ball out of Brees' hands? You know PT is going to get his carries because he's our Best RB. He's getting his carries. Why give Ingram more carries and Brees less throws? I've read what you've wrote previously, and I don't see how it can happen without taking snaps away from Brees. And that won't happen.

I think defenses sort of KNOW that when Ingram is in, it's a run. Either a run or a play action. They are really keying in on him. But that is just me spitballing. I might be WAAAAAAAAY off base.

Can anyone break the stats down on the plays we run when Ingram is in?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom