The Mandalorian discussion thread (3 Viewers)

Best Baby Yoda moments yet and Gina Carano has been taking acting lessons. She was actually not too bad.

Lower key episode and a pretty clear Seven Samurai homage, but damn if
they didn't do a fantastic job of making that AT-ST seem like an absolute horror.

Also, something obviously going on with that widow. She's got to be ex Imperial or a former rebel or something. We haven't seen the last of her.

Lower key episode and a pretty clear Seven Samurai homage, but damn if
they didn't do a fantastic job of making that AT-ST seem like an absolute horror.

Also, something obviously going on with that widow. She's got to be ex Imperial or a former rebel or something. We haven't seen the last of her.
Man, I felt the same thing. Compared to the AT-ST's in Jedi, this thing looked like it was alive and was operating on it's own, especially the way it rose from the ground, how it hesitated to move forward when confronted by the pond, the way it looked around w/ the spotlight, and the camera shots from underneath. It seemed Terminator-esque. The red windows reminded me of that scene in Amityville Horror when Jody's red eyes flashed outside the window. This was superb filmaking in this show. If going by how well the widow could shoot, there's no way in hell she was an Imp.

Last edited:
huh.
A bit underwhelmed by that one
Tonally it just felt apart from the others
The acting was a bit suspect
and WTH why is he letting a droid drive?!?
my kid’s gonna freak when he sees the Lothcat

Agree. I’ve liked the series so far and this one was ok, but it also felt a bit disjointed. Hard to explain what I mean but it didn’t feel organic to me.

obviously the widow has a backstory and I hope they get back to her. Totally agree with the comments on AT-ST, that was some good filmmaking.

And yes my kids are going to flip out on the loth cat.

Well, the longest episode so far was one of the slowest moving, but relative to the other chapters, that isn't really a complaint. Definitely feel like some seeds were planted for later in the season.

Personally, I liked it

I think we’re still establishing the degree of antihero our dude is. That is definitely not the last we’ve seen of his new boo. And Carano is too big a name to be a one episode guest, imo. Especially considering she’s in the “poster” for the series with a gun we didn’t see her use in 4. Finally, and this is the first time in my 36 years I’ve ever said this - cuteness overload. Kid yoda and the buttons/tagging along/playing with kids/all of it

I thought Bryce Dallas Howard did a fine job with the Seven Samurai call back episode. It felt a lot like every episode of the A-Team or a Saturday morning cartoon with the town/village hiring our lovably dour anti-hero to protect and eventually train the villagers to save themselves.

I think what fell a little flat was the montage not showing the passage of time well enough here as I assume that it was meant to be a couple of months but it felt like 2 days.

Bryce Dallas Howard directing an episode where a red-eyed AT-ST comes out of the forest into a clearing is a cool meta reference to a TRex and Jurassic World.

Also, Baby Yoda is low key sassy, right?

My predictions for the show:
1. Baby Yoda is not a clone but either Yaddle‘s or Yoda’s offspring.
2. The Mandalorian’s flash backs will eventually show Yoda saving him from Separatist droids.
3. Baby Yoda acting like an actual baby is a total act. I mean, come on, he/she’s 50 years old. I can understand the rate of growth being slow but you’re telling me a 50yo ‘child’ can’t even speak? Yea, not buying that.
4. Live action Ezra Bridger and Sabine Wren is happening.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom