The Mandalorian discussion thread (3 Viewers)

From chauffeur to writer/director. Hap is moving up in the world.
26da3be0ecea504aac928a1db9719dc13e1d9567.jpg

Seriously, though, I think Favreau did a great job on this. Looking forward to watching episode 2 later today.

Last edited:
I'm a little disappointed in the episode run times. Netflix showed us that 13 hour-long episodes tend to hurt the pacing and plot, so I felt 8 episodes might be a sweet spot. But if each episode is between 30-40 minutes? I dunno. It's almost as if they are timing the episodes to conform to commercial broadcast, giving room for ads if they ever choose to air them on ABC and stay within an hour run time.

I don't like it either, but I'm taking it as quality over quantity. The special effects and everything in this are movie quality. My thought process is going a full hour would increase the cost exponentially.

I don't know that's the reason for sure, but when I compare the effects to other episodic shows, including on streaming, it's much higher quality. That comes with a cost.

Isn't this taking place after the fall of the empire.

Liking it so far. Agree with the spoiler post.

I wonder who wants the baby and why?

Liking it so far. Agree with the spoiler post.

I wonder who wants the baby and why?

My guess is The Client wants him/her dead, but has a scientist working for him that wants him/her alive for research. I haven't heard one way or the other of that species is more force sensitive than others. I assume the scientist wants to figure out why. Hopefully they leave midichlorians out of the show.

If anyone posts anything that would spoil watching the episode, just use the spoiler tags.

Let's make sure everyone uses spoiler tags for any and all new movies and TV shows. It's just a nice thing to do.

I kinda wish Netflix would do a slower release with some of their shows. Get some airtime out of them. Yet, it's also cool that during a holiday break, you can quickly watch a series. I wonder if by releasing shows in part, if they can get them out earlier. i.e. you don't have to wait for the last few episodes to finish before you can release the beginning. Maybe we'd already have the Witcher out in part...

Technically they are doing your idea with Lucifer next year. It's being broken up into 2 8 episodes blocks and will release them separately.

was that supposed to be Yoda? Can't be huh because this is supposed to take place after return of the jedi

I saw someone's theory online and here it is,
The yoda creature is 50 years old. 50 years ago Yoda was on the cloning planet. His theory then says the infant is a clone of Yoda.

I saw someone's theory online and here it is,
The yoda creature is 50 years old. 50 years ago Yoda was on the cloning planet. His theory then says the infant is a clone of Yoda.

Can clones have the Force?

In the video game Force Unleashed the main character is a clone of a Jedi and can use the force. But it is said that the clones can go insane or something like that.
Wasn’t there something like that with the crazy Jedi in the Thrawn Trilogy?

I'm a little disappointed in the episode run times. Netflix showed us that 13 hour-long episodes tend to hurt the pacing and plot, so I felt 8 episodes might be a sweet spot. But if each episode is between 30-40 minutes? I dunno. It's almost as if they are timing the episodes to conform to commercial broadcast, giving room for ads if they ever choose to air them on ABC and stay within an hour run time.

I won't lie, I usually prefer shows that run longer than 30 min, but TBH, episode 2 was just over 30 min long and I felt like they told the episode's story perfectly, there were no fillers to make up for time, and it didn't feel rushed at all for time either. I'm trying to look at this series as a Star Wars movie being told in 8 parts, so I'm ok with the episodes not being 60 min long.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom