The Mandalorian discussion thread (5 Viewers)

I didn't see a thank you. It's your right to be offended though, if that's something you're into.

I didn't complain about the passive aggressive "We've already talked about this, noob" post, because I didn't read it that way until you pointed out my apparent passive aggressive response to a passive aggressive response. But you're choosing to single me out?

I took the reply you got "from January" as passing around helpful information. You chose to seemingly get ruffled by that.

You singled yourself out, I just chose to speak up about it. I'm not offended, and never was. That's not the bar here.

If you'd like to talk further, send me a PM.

Otherwise, yes, let's keep it to the Mandalorian and how awesome the Volume is. This is a giant leap in technology akin to how blue/green screen was. I love how it allows more traditional lighting, like you would if you were filming live action in a location, but you have hours of that same sunrise to work with, not minutes.

Can't wait. Trailer hopefully soon.

Also, let's go ahead and nip this in the bud before it becomes a thing: Grace Randolph, who is a grifter, liar, and very possibly mentally unwell (not a dig. There's something not right with her.) but nevertheless has an audience, has been making claims today of behind the scenes drama with season 2. And lies make their way around the world before the truth yada yada yada...

It's all BS. Literally every actually connected insider/leaker came out almost immediately to say season 2 has a lot of internal hype at Disney, production has been smooth, and while there was apparently a trailer delay recently and some new footage shot, it was actually for inserts for the trailer. So when you see these reports about how Kathleen Kennedy killed The Mandalorian season 2, disregard them. They are baseless. In fact, I don't think I've *ever* seen so many established insiders/leakers immediately jump in to shut down BS like they did today. But Grace is pretty unlikable, so I get it.

Disney + is way overrated, all they have is their legacy material but they can't compete with Netflix when it comes to new content.

Disney + is way overrated, all they have is their legacy material but they can't compete with Netflix when it comes to new content.

While I agree, that may change in the near future. That and their subscription service is less than $10/month. Not a bad deal imo. If there isn't much other new content, then I'd probably cut it at some point, but there's still enough I haven't seen to keep me occupied for a bit.

While I agree, that may change in the near future. That and their subscription service is less than $10/month. Not a bad deal imo. If there isn't much other new content, then I'd probably cut it at some point, but there's still enough I haven't seen to keep me occupied for a bit.

Yeah, they have a lot of new content coming from Star Wars and Marvel.

Their existing content is also some of the most watchable. From Disney animated films and Pixar to the Star Wars saga they arguably have the most rewatchable content of any film company catalog.

with the benefit of no contract I find it very nice to be able to pick it up for a month and drop it again. I’ve picked it up twice this year and absolutely got my money’s worth out of it.

I’ve done the same with HBO Showtime and now STARZ. STARZ is the only one that has pretty much sucked.

Their existing content is also some of the most watchable. From Disney animated films and Pixar to the Star Wars saga they arguably have the most rewatchable content of any film company catalog.

Absolutely. I definitely have a little nostalgia watching some of the movies I watched as a kid. I have no problem watching good movies multiple times. My wife is the opposite though. She typically doesn't watch anything more than once, even the good ones.

I don't disagree nor was I saying they have bad content. I'm just saying if you were really into Star Wars and Marvel, you've seen the bulk of the old stuff. The Mandalorian was part of the roll-out hype more than a year ago, but since then, meh. I still have my subscription but they lack the new material to compete on a weakly basis like Netflix.

I don't disagree nor was I saying they have bad content. I'm just saying if you were really into Star Wars and Marvel, you've seen the bulk of the old stuff. The Mandalorian was part of the roll-out hype more than a year ago, but since then, meh. I still have my subscription but they lack the new material to compete on a weakly basis like Netflix.

Ive actually enjoyed some of their documentaries.

They’ve also had multiple Marvel shows pushed back due to Covid.

Ive actually enjoyed some of their documentaries.

They’ve also had multiple Marvel shows pushed back due to Covid.
They do have a wealth of material, I was mainly referring to new material vs. Netflix

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom