The Mandalorian discussion thread (24 Viewers)

Scorpius the Allfather

Dream Theater fanatic!
VIP Subscribing Member
Reaction score
Honestly, this one was so action-packed it felt longer than 36 minutes. I was surprised when I saw that in the image. They did a heck of a lot of storytelling in 36 minutes!
It was 33 minutes according to the file I downloaded and over a minute of the beginning was devoted to catching us up on what happened on previous episodes not to mention the over a minute end credits.

Last edited:

DaveXA

I love the Lord!
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
How can you have Katee Sackhoff in an episode of anything and not throw a pair of jeans on her?

1605539929516.png
I still think of her as Dana Walsh in 24. She was one of the few who totally got all up in Jack's head. I thought she was great in 24. :yes:

saint_drago

I Must Break You
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
The world building, or universe building, on this show is incredible. Everything feels so real and true to the original trilogy. Hard to explain but everything fits. This feels like Star Wars.

It's like the creators said, "Hey, let's not make this complicated. We have a Mandalorian on a quest in the Star Wars universe. Let's just have some fun and entertain the fans".

For me it's that simple. Just tell me a good story that takes place in the Star Wars universe. Give me awesome monsters, and aliens, and jet packs, and laser gun fights! I see some people complain that the show isn't "going anywhere". To me it's going everywhere! I want to spend as much time as I can in that galaxy far far away.

guidomerkinsrules

W H A T E V I R
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
The world building, or universe building, on this show is incredible. Everything feels so real and true to the original trilogy. Hard to explain but everything fits. This feels like Star Wars.

It's like the creators said, "Hey, let's not make this complicated. We have a Mandalorian on a quest in the Star Wars universe. Let's just have some fun and entertain the fans".

For me it's that simple. Just tell me a good story that takes place in the Star Wars universe. Give me awesome monsters, and aliens, and jet packs, and laser gun fights! I see some people complain that the show isn't "going anywhere". To me it's going everywhere! I want to spend as much time as I can in that galaxy far far away.
Lucas and Spielberg ate up the Saturday matinee serials - and Indiana Jones and SW movies work best when they stick to that formula (which isn't to say a Rogue One type of movie can't work)
it's one of the reasons i love the Clone Wars series with the 'old timey' intro for every episode

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 13, Guests: 10)