The Mandalorian discussion thread (6 Viewers)

Sun Wukong

Worlds Deadliest Fighting Arts Champion and Master
Reaction score
I know it's basically an in-joke at this point, but I am getting a little annoyed at just how incompetent the Storm Troopers and Tie pilots are at hitting things. It's honestly distracting at this point for 6 of them to miss someone in the wide open, and then Mando just one-shots all of them. I think there was only a single hit from an "Empire" trooper this week, a dink on Mando's armor. And about 400 misses. Hell the tie fighters couldn't even hit the transport ship. I think the gun was disabled from debris for a downed Tie, right? We get the joke, now let's have some minimal competence from our supposedly fearsome antagonist
I don't really think its a joke, even if it is used for humor like the two troopers last season. They're incompetent. They're poorly trained, poorly supported dregs. They have crappy weapons. This isn't peak Empire. This is a warlord trying to hold on, using whatever he can get. I think what the tease at the end was about, if indeed those are Dark Troopers. He needs something superior to accomplish his goals, not the rabble he's got.

Also, something from this episode that answered a long lingering question, albeit indirectly:

It seems likely that Baby Yoda isn't a clone. They're trying to use his blood/midichlorians for cloning experiments and possibly even trying to "transplant" force sensitivity into another host (likely Gideon), but it seems clear now all the cloning is on the Imperial Remnant's end.

Can't really agree on anyone saying this was more of a filler episode. There were definitely some major reveals that will play into the series overarching plot made.

bonnjer

Let the Wins Count begin!
Gold VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Can't really agree on anyone saying this was more of a filler episode. There were definitely some major reveals that will play into the series overarching plot made.
Oh, this was definitely NOT a filler episode. No way, no how. If things keep going the way they're going, we're gonna have all kinds of massive moments that bind the movies together. I'm not sure if people realize how big this series is in regards to the story. Honestly, I wasn't expecting it.

Sun Wukong

Reaction score
There's a lot of wishful fantasy casting right now that Michael Biehn's undisclosed role could be as Kyle Katarn
Yeah, I've seen that floating around. If they do I would have to assume that it would be the "former Imperial turned mercenary working for the Rebel Alliance" version from the original Dark Forces game and touch on none of the Jedi elements from Jedi Knight onwards. It seems like a long shot, but if they can bring in Thrawn from the Legends continuity and make it work, Kyle Katarn isn't impossible. Would just be very different from what the Legends version became.

Sun Wukong

Reaction score
Also, non-spoiler note: All the footage from the trailer was from the first four episodes. We are completely in the dark for the second half of the season. And aside from some casting and character appearances, there have been no leaks about it at all. That's kind of unprecedented in this day and age.

DaveXA

I love the Lord!
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Also, non-spoiler note: All the footage from the trailer was from the first four episodes. We are completely in the dark for the second half of the season. And aside from some casting and character appearances, there have been no leaks about it at all. That's kind of unprecedented in this day and age.
Kind of glad they're doing that too. Makes for a better viewing experience, I think. Looking forward to seeing what's coming.

Torgo

I am Torgo
Reaction score
Since Favreau stated they "shift focus" after midseason, this makes things all the more interesting. I may watch the next episode as soon as it drops.

Complex Kid

Most things I worry about Never happen anyway
Reaction score

Saint by the Bay

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
The Ringer usually has pretty good post episode breakdowns:

I think this article makes a good point about the effect The Mandalorian can have on the sequels.

The prequels were clunky, but I recently watched them and the Clone Wars cartoon in chronological order and TCW really does make the prequels "better" from a story standpoint. It fills holes and covers things that just weren't handled or established well.

Mando can have the same effect on the prequel series. By clarifying the rise of the First Order and maybe some of the Snoke/Palpatine questions its existence help the sequels make a little more sense.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 6)