The Mandalorian discussion thread (8 Viewers)

Rosario Dawson?! Am I the only loser who didn't know she was gonna be Ahsoka?! I'm fanboying hard right now.

That lightsaber in the fog action...hands down the best lightsaber action we've gotten since Rogue One, am I wrong?
i didn't know she would be in the episode, as whatever, till she tweeted it.

So Mando's mission is to return Grogu to his homeworld. He finally meets someone, a Jedi, that can help him with his quest and what does he ask for? Help training him. What? What happened to returning him to his homeworld? That was the mission, not to return him to a Jedi. I'm thinking finding his homeworld won't be mentioned again unless that's what Grogu sees in his vision at the Jedi temple.

I love how they are respecting the fans with this show. They're totally bringing in things for those of us who have stuck with them through all the series to enjoy. And it also proves the point that you can totally have all these tie ins and not lose the casual viewer. My wife hasn't watched any of the cartoon series, or read any of the books, so Cobb Vanth meant nothing to her prior to the show, nor does Thrawn or Asohka, etc. But she has no problem keeping up, and is really enjoying the show.

So Mando's mission is to return Grogu to his homeworld. He finally meets someone, a Jedi, that can help him with his quest and what does he ask for? Help training him. What? What happened to returning him to his homeworld? That was the mission, not to return him to a Jedi. I'm thinking finding his homeworld won't be mentioned again unless that's what Grogu sees in his vision at the Jedi temple.
he's learning new info about Gorgu - of course his quest will adapt after talking to Bo and snips

I love how they are respecting the fans with this show. They're totally bringing in things for those of us who have stuck with them through all the series to enjoy. And it also proves the point that you can totally have all these tie ins and not lose the casual viewer. My wife hasn't watched any of the cartoon series, or read any of the books, so Cobb Vanth meant nothing to her prior to the show, nor does Thrawn or Asohka, etc. But she has no problem keeping up, and is really enjoying the show.
The show just proves you can satisfy fans without pandering like Abrams, or crapping all over them like Johnson.

speculation is pretty strong that the 'jedi' Ahsoka referred to is either Ezra (but she's still looking for Thrawn which indicates she hasn't found either OR the main character from Jedi Fallen Order video game - that would be pretty amazing

Best episode yet.

Best.

Fight me.

I can’t and won’t.

I will say that having the extra insight from the people discussing the other series has really made some of this hit home more though. I geeked hard when I saw Ahsoka, and I don’t think that would have had the same impact without some of that extra story. I do appreciate that.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom