The Mandalorian discussion thread (3 Viewers)

I have the first book of the series but haven’t dug into it yet.
I loved that trilogy, hence my question. Thanks to all who cleared it up for me, and I shall embark on Rebels as soon as I finish Clone Wars...

Holy sheeeeet that was killer. Can't wait to talk more without tags and whatnot. I have seen Clone Wars and Rebels...what incredible homage and action. I appreciate all that bring further knowledge than I have to paint the background too. Just really great stuff!

I know I'm thinking about this too hard, but considering how close Ahsoka was to Anakin I am wondering whether or not she has sensed Luke's presence.

I know I'm thinking about this too hard, but considering how close Ahsoka was to Anakin I am wondering whether or not she has sensed Luke's presence.

As far as we know the only surviving Jedi she knows of is Ezra. But she almost undoubtedly would have sensed the change in the force with the events in ROTJ. I wouldnt expect Ezra to show up though. If he was able he would certainly be trying to get back to the crew in Rebels. There is a reason Ahsoka is still searching for Thrawn. She probably wants to know what happened to Ezra.

Spoilers for the ending of Rebels below for those who plan on watching it.

So the end of Rebels is a montage of where every character ended up after the events of the show. We see that Ahsoka and Sabine Wren meet up to go to look for Ezra who sent both himself and Thrawn off to the Unknown Regions. Thing is, we don't know exactly when they leave to go do that. Contextual evidence places it at least sometime after the Battle of Jakku, which would be four years or so before The Mandalorian starts. I've seen some speculate that it may actually be after we meet her here, but I don't think so. If I had to guess, sometime in the intervening period they find and rescue Ezra from the Unknown Regions but Thrawn gets away and is continuing to lead an Imperial Remnant of his own. One of Thrawn's motiving factors for siding with the Empire to begin with is that the Chiss Ascendency believes there to be some horrific power in the Unknown Regions and that the Chiss need the Galactic strength of the Empire as an ally to fight it. So he may have a vested interested in keeping the Empire going. The fact that Ezra and Sabine aren't with her may mean they're off doing their own thing, while Ahsoka is still hunting Thrawn. But that's all just speculation.

As far as we know the only surviving Jedi she knows of is Ezra. But she almost undoubtedly would have sensed the change in the force with the events in ROTJ. I wouldnt expect Ezra to show up though. If he was able he would certainly be trying to get back to the crew in Rebels. There is a reason Ahsoka is still searching for Thrawn. She probably wants to know what happened to Ezra.
as Fulcrum she was better positioned than anyone to know Jedi is whereabouts - but it’s been awhile since the and seemingly she’s been Ronin/grey Jedi wandering about
The main reason I’m shying away from Ezra is stylistic - the story, as seen through Mando’s eyes, is more tangible and grounded— not a lot of mystical mumbo -jumbo
Introducing Ezra and Thrawn into this means they almost have to deal with hyperspace whales. I just don’t see them going that metaphysical
They’ll save that for Ahsoka’s series

I spent the better part of the episode pitching a fan boy tent in my trousers watching Ahsoka do her thing.

There was one part when she was fighting the magistrate chick where she lost one light sabre and held the remaining one sideways like she did in CW and I was like 'yeah, they nailed this'.

This talk has inspired me. I just started season 4 of Deep Space Nine recently and was going to watch Enterprise, The Next Generation and Voyager afterwards but now I'm going to pause that idea and watch Rebels immediately. I want to finish it before the last episode of Mandalorian.
Watch Babylon 5 if you havent.

Unrelated to this show.. just a great sci fi show.

It may be time to add a spoiler tag to the thread title, instead of spoiler-tagging every post.

Besides, "discussion" implies people would be making comments about what happened in the show.

Something I really loved stylistically about this episode:

The climax is basically a samurai duel and a western gunfight taking place on opposite sides of a wall. Great homage to two of the film genres that Lucas was most inspired by in developing the originals.

I loved it! There are so many nuggets in this episode. I'm probably gonna watch again before the next episode just because there's so much to take in. It was better than most Star Wars movies. So impressive for a series. Episodes 11 and 13 knocked it out of the park.

speculation is pretty strong that the 'jedi' Ahsoka referred to is either Ezra (but she's still looking for Thrawn which indicates she hasn't found either OR the main character from Jedi Fallen Order video game - that would be pretty amazing
sigh. open parentheses, no closure? wtf?

It may be time to add a spoiler tag to the thread title, instead of spoiler-tagging every post.

Besides, "discussion" implies people would be making comments about what happened in the show.
Personally, I'm fine with keeping spoilers tags for each week's episode until the following Monday. Sometimes, I just want to read general reaction to an installment before I watch.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom