The Mandalorian discussion thread (9 Viewers)

So what the odds Din and Grogu end up inheriting Slave I, either through Boba "retiring" in some way and passing it on to them or getting offed in the season finale and them inheriting it? There was a lot of "father and son" thematic stuff in him deciding to help get Grogu back that I'm probably reading too much into.

I don't think you bring Boba back from the dead just to kill him off one or two episodes later. I think that would piss off A LOT of people and squander all the built up goodwill the show has been building with fans.

Doomcock is wrong all the time. He claimed season 3 of Star Trek Discovery was the end and the sets had been torn down. He has had nothing to say when season 4 was announced. The claims over and over that Kathleen Kennedy is about to be shown the door but there is no indication of that.

Not only does he constantly claim Kennedy is fired/in the process of being fired, he was also trying to push the insane narrative that Disney was bringing George Lucas back in to run things. In fact, in his "confirmation" of Grace Randolph's made up story, he added that his "source" (the voice in his head) confirmed everything she said, but added that Pedro Pascal "went directly to George Lucas" after his attempts with Favreau and Kennedy got nowhere. You know, the guy that has zero actual involvement with or power over Star Wars anymore.

And people watch and believe all of this sheet because then garbage outlets like We Got This Covered and Cosmic Book News pick it up with headlines like "Star Wars Insider CONFIRMS Lucas Returning!" And it never happens. It isn't going to happen. Because every word of it is lies made up by weirdos that do it for attention and clicks. And then when it doesn't happen, they just ignore it when they get asked about it and move on to the next bunch of nonsense.

I don't think you bring Boba back from the dead just to kill him off one or two episodes later. I think that would piss off A LOT of people and squander all the built up goodwill the show has been building with fans.

On the one hand, yes.

On the other hand, he's technically been a Schrodinger's Cat in canon for years and people are used to not having him around.

sure you do - SW is sick with the mentor dying to make way for the apprentice trope
it makes even more sense since Mando has been a bit of a knucklehead - reckless and naive and a Mandalore zealot without having much knowledge of the creed he's so passionate about (or more keenly, a wider scope of Mandalorians outside of the sect that rescued him)
Boba would fit that mentor role nicely (and just like Qui Gon and Obi Wan, would leave his apprentice well before the lessons took hold)

sure you do - SW is sick with the mentor dying to make way for the apprentice trope
it makes even more sense since Mando has been a bit of a knucklehead - reckless and naive and a Mandalore zealot without having much knowledge of the creed he's so passionate about (or more keenly, a wider scope of Mandalorians outside of the sect that rescued him)
Boba would fit that mentor role nicely (and just like Qui Gon and Obi Wan, would leave his apprentice well before the lessons took hold)

There has been kind of an undercurrent this season of "What does it mean to be a Mandalorian?" You've got the more mainstream version represented by Bo-Katan and the Nite Owls, the descendants of Death Watch influenced fundamentalism/zealotry in Din, and then sort of a marginalized "denied by the upper class" situation with Jango and Boba. And to be fair, Mandalorians themselves are constantly fighting about what it means to be a Mandalorian. They're a clan based warrior society and each clan has different ideas about how things run.

I do think that becomes the issue of significance with the Darksaber now. With Mandalore wrecked and the survivors scattered across the galaxy, they need to unite under a common goal. No more time for clan infighting and purity tests. Whoever ends up wielding the blade (I don't think it will be Bo-Katan. Katee Sackhoff has said some...intriguing things about her in interviews.) will end up trying to bring all these divergent worldviews under one umbrella. Although that may be more of the long term series narrative instead of just one season.

There has been kind of an undercurrent this season of "What does it mean to be a Mandalorian?" You've got the more mainstream version represented by Bo-Katan and the Nite Owls, the descendants of Death Watch influenced fundamentalism/zealotry in Din, and then sort of a marginalized "denied by the upper class" situation with Jango and Boba. And to be fair, Mandalorians themselves are constantly fighting about what it means to be a Mandalorian. They're a clan based warrior society and each clan has different ideas about how things run.

I do think that becomes the issue of significance with the Darksaber now. With Mandalore wrecked and the survivors scattered across the galaxy, they need to unite under a common goal. No more time for clan infighting and purity tests. Whoever ends up wielding the blade (I don't think it will be Bo-Katan. Katee Sackhoff has said some...intriguing things about her in interviews.) will end up trying to bring all these divergent worldviews under one umbrella. Although that may be more of the long term series narrative instead of just one season.
you are officially my go-to for star wars definitive knowledge.

Not only does he constantly claim Kennedy is fired/in the process of being fired, he was also trying to push the insane narrative that Disney was bringing George Lucas back in to run things. In fact, in his "confirmation" of Grace Randolph's made up story, he added that his "source" (the voice in his head) confirmed everything she said, but added that Pedro Pascal "went directly to George Lucas" after his attempts with Favreau and Kennedy got nowhere. You know, the guy that has zero actual involvement with or power over Star Wars anymore.

And people watch and believe all of this sheet because then garbage outlets like We Got This Covered and Cosmic Book News pick it up with headlines like "Star Wars Insider CONFIRMS Lucas Returning!" And it never happens. It isn't going to happen. Because every word of it is lies made up by weirdos that do it for attention and clicks. And then when it doesn't happen, they just ignore it when they get asked about it and move on to the next bunch of nonsense.
Quick question, why do people want Lucas back? Is it because all the great work he did with the remastered OT, or the phenomenal job hi did with the prequels???

Quick question, why do people want Lucas back? Is it because all the great work he did with the remastered OT, or the phenomenal job hi did with the prequels???

It seems to me that the kids that grew up with the prequels are now getting older and are convinced that they were good because that was what THEY grew up with. Being an original trilogy (the superior trilogy!) kid I am still in no way pining for more Lucas involvement. I really don't get it.

Meesa be thinking theyssa were really, really bad!

In this case, "Not THAT bad" means having an over arcing story the 3 movies are trying to tell together. The prequels are actually the best trilogy for that. However, I think it's still believed that story was too complex and convoluted and leaned too much on CGI instead of character development. The story and characters were more simple and easier to follow in the original trilogy, which makes the movies so good. Also to plot is developed first and the action supports the plot, and not vice versa. The sequels.... are just a mess.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom