The Mandalorian discussion thread (3 Viewers)

The website is taking forever to load. And after it finally loads, I get an error message trying to view any video. Is there anyone else that's having the same issue?

The website is taking forever to load. And after it finally loads, I get an error message trying to view any video. Is there anyone else that's having the same issue?
Yeah it’s too be expected though. Hope they fix it.

Me:
Ads for Star Wars 9:

Ads for The Mandalorian:
Image result for give it to me now gif

I thought it was going to be a series you can binge ala Netflix or Prime but they seem to be going the DC Universe route and releasing one episode a week.

Damn the one episode a week, BS. It does appear that one can download video for offline viewing, so I'll wait until the end of the season to join up and binge before shutting it down again.

Next episode hits Friday. Once a week after that. Get used to it, because netflix style binge releases are going to be the exception and not the rule for streaming going forward. Staggered releases keep people subscribed longer and keep shows in the broader conversation longer.

Anyway, LOVED this first episode. Best Star Wars material in a long time. We're obviously getting some cool world building with the Mandalorians and their culture, but I love the western vibe and that ending was out of nowhere in the best way possible. Loved every second of it.

I really enjoyed the first episode! It felt like a super concentrated movie or something -- something that could have been fleshed out to eighty-some minutes, but that was instead pared down to the bare essentials. I dug it.

Loved it. I thought it skillfully blended a few familiar elements with new ones. It *felt* like something in the Star Wars universe. Only wish it had a longer run time.

Also, should there eventually be a separate spoiler thread for this? Or just tag this one once people have had a chance to watch the show?

Yeah it’s too be expected though. Hope they fix it.

I figured out the issue. I run Linux on all of my PCs and laptops. And Linux OSs aren't supported. I'm not going to dual boot nor run a supported OS on a virtual machine just to access the content. Hopefully they do something about that. No worries though!

Ludwig Göransson’s music as the soundtrack is just awesome. He’s the academy award winning composer for Black Panther.

He captured that western vibe mixed with an alien sounding woodwind. Totally digging it.

I’m enjoying the world building regarding the bounty hunter’s guild and Mandalorian culture.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom