The Mandalorian discussion thread (4 Viewers)

Also, should there eventually be a separate spoiler thread for this? Or just tag this one once people have had a chance to watch the show?

Good question. But aside from the ending, I don't think there were any spoilers in this episode.

I thought it was going to be a series you can binge ala Netflix or Prime but they seem to be going the DC Universe route and releasing one episode a week.

that was what I wanted to know.

I may wait a bit before I add Disney+ then.

I already have Hulu, so the package deal of Hulu, Disney+ and ESPN+ is a solid deal.

Good question. But aside from the ending, I don't think there were any spoilers in this episode.

If anyone posts anything that would spoil watching the episode, just use the spoiler tags.

Let's make sure everyone uses spoiler tags for any and all new movies and TV shows. It's just a nice thing to do.

I kinda wish Netflix would do a slower release with some of their shows. Get some airtime out of them. Yet, it's also cool that during a holiday break, you can quickly watch a series. I wonder if by releasing shows in part, if they can get them out earlier. i.e. you don't have to wait for the last few episodes to finish before you can release the beginning. Maybe we'd already have the Witcher out in part...

When it had Haratio Sanz and Brian Poshen in the first 5 minutes I was all-in.

If anyone posts anything that would spoil watching the episode, just use the spoiler tags.

Let's make sure everyone uses spoiler tags for any and all new movies and TV shows. It's just a nice thing to do.

I kinda wish Netflix would do a slower release with some of their shows. Get some airtime out of them. Yet, it's also cool that during a holiday break, you can quickly watch a series. I wonder if by releasing shows in part, if they can get them out earlier. i.e. you don't have to wait for the last few episodes to finish before you can release the beginning. Maybe we'd already have the Witcher out in part...

Looks like Netflix is going to start moving to the weekly thing as well.

I thought that
Taika Waititi as IG-11 was unexpectedly awesome. I didn't even know that Taika was on the show until I saw the credits after the first episode. His timing and delivery at the end had me in tears: "Perhaps his kind can live for centuries. Sadly, we'll never find out. (DRAWS BLASTER)"

The first episode had the kind of world building/mythology which I loved from the first John Wick: there is a world, there are myths and histories, there are codes and conventions, and we're not going to have a character just vomit out pages of expository monologues to catch you up. I like that. They give you enough of a skeleton to puzzle it out yourself, and they give the audience the benefit of the doubt.

Man, did anyone else think that Nick Nolte just crushed it as that guy's voice!? Amazing.
I have spoken.
Also was a fantastic beginning to the series.
Little-known fact: they didn't actually have to use any makeup to transform Nolte into his character.
9dd5a188-d50d-4fea-8a50-8d007e1c9b93-screen-shot-2019-11-11-at-33351-pm.png

Fun show! I'm looking forward to seeing how this progresses.

Cool, looks like new episodes come out on Fridays, and we're already gonna get the next one this coming Friday, 11/15. Here's a tweet you can like for notifications too:

was that supposed to be Yoda? Can't be huh because this is supposed to take place after return of the jedi

I love the IG-88 story from the "Tales of the Bounty Hunters" book.

This IG seemed very weak compared to the IG-88 in that book, but reading the Wookieepedia article, it sounds like he had reprogramming that was much different from IG-88.

Last edited:
I'm watching on teatv so I don't have to upgrade to get this Disney channel.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom