The Mandalorian discussion thread (2 Viewers)

Who was the woman talking to Moff Gideon near the end? She looks familiar. I've seen her in a movie or series somewhere. Can't put my finger on it.
At first I thought it was Michelle Rodriguez
But if you watch Black Lightning that’s probably where you saw her (or maybe Shield)

At first I thought it was Michelle Rodriguez
But if you watch Black Lightning that’s probably where you saw her (or maybe Shield)

Shield sounds right. I'm trying to remember who she was there. I haven't seen Discovery yet. Watched a lot of Star Trek over the years, but not Discovery.

She was in Black Lightning? I've watched all 3 seasons but drawing a blank there.

Paging Dr. @Sun Wukong , please come to operating room 7, we have a question for you.

The Dark Troopers were originally featured in the 90's video game Star Wars: Dark Forces. The short version is this:

The Empire was looking to make a new breed of Stormtrooper, so they initiated the Dark Trooper project, which basically took human troopers and augmented them cybernetically to superhuman levels. The problem was that this augmentation almost universally drove the test subjects insane and led to them killing themselves, so it was abandoned for a new track of fully droid troopers.

Phase 1 and 2 Dark Troopers are essentially battle droids on steroids. The Phase 3 Dark Trooper was a bit different: It was an armored cybernetic exoskeleton that could both be warn by a soldier or operate as a battle droid on its own. Wouldn't shock me if we see Gideon get something like that.

Also wouldn't shock me if these are Dark Troopers and he's made them out of Beskar.

Who was the woman talking to Moff Gideon near the end? She looks familiar. I've seen her in a movie or series somewhere. Can't put my finger on it.

In addition to what was mentioned, she was in Z Nation

Wondering how do they tie in everyone we've seen or had mentioned. Does Boba make another appearance? Ashoka? The Mandalorians? The Navarro crew? Mr. Kim the X-Wing pilot (Bye, see you)? How does this all get tied together or were some of them stand alone mentions/appearances?

Great episode.

My free sub from Verizon ended today, so I went ahead and did the full year prepay so I can watch some of the other shows y’all mentioned. I don’t want to ruin anything by looking it up, is there a “good” order to watch Clone Wars and Rebels?

Yes this is exactly what they were talking about. They even mentioned a high 'M' count of his blood... at least they didn't say they whole m-word.

The suits at the end looked like some kind of elite trooper. His own suit looked very much like Vader inspired... I'm here for it!!

We had the exact same thought with the M word hahaha

Wondering how do they tie in everyone we've seen or had mentioned. Does Boba make another appearance? Ashoka? The Mandalorians? The Navarro crew? Mr. Kim the X-Wing pilot (Bye, see you)? How does this all get tied together or were some of them stand alone mentions/appearances?
Loved seeing mr Kim
im assuming Ashoka in an episode or 2 (plus Bo again maybe) with Gideon/dar saber stuff
boba not til the end when mando completes the quest - boba sets up s3

I really enjoyed this episode. I think it moved the over arching story forward in some very subtle but major ways.
Great episode.

My free sub from Verizon ended today, so I went ahead and did the full year prepay so I can watch some of the other shows y’all mentioned. I don’t want to ruin anything by looking it up, is there a “good” order to watch Clone Wars and Rebels?

In terms of the series themselves, Clone Wars first then Rebels.

In terms of episode order for each series, Rebels is in chronological order. Just start at the beginning.

Clone Wars is not In chronological order. It jumps all over the place timeline wise. If you watch them all in order you'll notice little things here and there that are off about the timeline. You can get the chronological order of episodes here:

I really liked this episode, solid action, and from the get-go, I was thinking 'Oh baby Yoda, you little scamp you!' in b/w bouts of laughing...

In terms of the series themselves, Clone Wars first then Rebels.

In terms of episode order for each series, Rebels is in chronological order. Just start at the beginning.

Clone Wars is not In chronological order. It jumps all over the place timeline wise. If you watch them all in order you'll notice little things here and there that are off about the timeline. You can get the chronological order of episodes here:

Thanks. Do you think it’s better to watch them in chronological order, or “as presented”?

Edit: I realize that’s probably an objective question, so I’d trust your judgment on it

Definitely a good episode. I can't believe we are at the halfway point already. I hope that second episode eventually proves to be significant. Otherwise, what a waste.

Thanks. Do you think it’s better to watch them in chronological order, or “as presented”?

Edit: I realize that’s probably an objective question, so I’d trust your judgment on it

Honestly, I'd say as long as you know that not everything is taking place in chronological order, there's nothing wrong with watching them in the order they aired. You'll get all the same character and story beats either way and it can kind of be fun to try and piece together where they all fit together in the timeline. The series is based around episodic story arcs anyway, so it's kind of an anthology series in a way.

The Dark Troopers were originally featured in the 90's video game Star Wars: Dark Forces. The short version is this:

The Empire was looking to make a new breed of Stormtrooper, so they initiated the Dark Trooper project, which basically took human troopers and augmented them cybernetically to superhuman levels. The problem was that this augmentation almost universally drove the test subjects insane and led to them killing themselves, so it was abandoned for a new track of fully droid troopers.

Phase 1 and 2 Dark Troopers are essentially battle droids on steroids. The Phase 3 Dark Trooper was a bit different: It was an armored cybernetic exoskeleton that could both be warn by a soldier or operate as a battle droid on its own. Wouldn't shock me if we see Gideon get something like that.

Also wouldn't shock me if these are Dark Troopers and he's made them out of Beskar.
There's a lot of wishful fantasy casting right now that Michael Biehn's undisclosed role could be as Kyle Katarn

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom