The Mandalorian discussion thread (2 Viewers)

I know it's basically an in-joke at this point, but I am getting a little annoyed at just how incompetent the Storm Troopers and Tie pilots are at hitting things. It's honestly distracting at this point for 6 of them to miss someone in the wide open, and then Mando just one-shots all of them. I think there was only a single hit from an "Empire" trooper this week, a dink on Mando's armor. And about 400 misses. Hell the tie fighters couldn't even hit the transport ship. I think the gun was disabled from debris for a downed Tie, right? We get the joke, now let's have some minimal competence from our supposedly fearsome antagonist

I know it's basically an in-joke at this point, but I am getting a little annoyed at just how incompetent the Storm Troopers and Tie pilots are at hitting things. It's honestly distracting at this point for 6 of them to miss someone in the wide open, and then Mando just one-shots all of them. I think there was only a single hit from an "Empire" trooper this week, a dink on Mando's armor. And about 400 misses. Hell the tie fighters couldn't even hit the transport ship. I think the gun was disabled from debris for a downed Tie, right? We get the joke, now let's have some minimal competence from our supposedly fearsome antagonist
well they did do a bit of work last year showing us why the after the empire troopers were so inept
but yeah, back to back episodes with the same running through halls away from troopers who can shoot until they can is a bit much
like when Lando got to the lava pit, the guy from 70yds away nailed him, but the two guys 10 ft behind him missed big time

Yeah, even though I “get it”, I have to admit that the tie fighters not being able to get even close to hitting the transport (in a narrow canyon where the car couldn’t really maneuver/dodge at all) was pretty hard for me to take.

Still really enjoyed the episode, but I agree that it’s time to build up the Storm Troopers at least a bit.

Yeah, even though I “get it”, I have to admit that the tie fighters not being able to get even close to hitting the transport (in a narrow canyon where the car couldn’t really maneuver/dodge at all) was pretty hard for me to take.

Still really enjoyed the episode, but I agree that it’s time to build up the Storm Troopers at least a bit.

The crazy thing is that in the first movie, they immediately capture Leia but they had set their gun to stun. Maybe they should switch to stun seeing as how it was also a big arse halo looking thing that was half the size of Leia.

I just realized something very minor,
when Baby Yoda used the force to get the cookies, they made it look like it was harder for him to do that over lifting that massive creature to save Mando.

when Baby Yoda used the force to get the cookies, they made it look like it was harder for him to do that over lifting that massive creature to save Mando.

I think part of that is probably due to survival instinct. He knew Mando's life was in immediate danger so he did what he had to do to save him. Of course, Baby Yoda passed out after that. He was perfectly fine after getting the cookies.

In addition to what Dave said, the macaroons are a smaller target that he doesn’t want to damage. The Child was also trying to be sneaky on that one. I’m willing to accept we’re going out on limbs here, but I don’t think they’re doing much on accident at this point.

Just watched a couple of breakdown videos on Youtube. Man, there's all sorts of stuff that I didn't know / notice.

Loved this episode. My favorite scene was the opening one.

I don't really think its a joke, even if it is used for humor like the two troopers last season. They're incompetent. They're poorly trained, poorly supported dregs. They have crappy weapons. This isn't peak Empire. This is a warlord trying to hold on, using whatever he can get. I think what the tease at the end was about, if indeed those are Dark Troopers. He needs something superior to accomplish his goals, not the rabble he's got.

Also, something from this episode that answered a long lingering question, albeit indirectly:

It seems likely that Baby Yoda isn't a clone. They're trying to use his blood/midichlorians for cloning experiments and possibly even trying to "transplant" force sensitivity into another host (likely Gideon), but it seems clear now all the cloning is on the Imperial Remnant's end.

Can't really agree on anyone saying this was more of a filler episode. There were definitely some major reveals that will play into the series overarching plot made.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom