The Mandalorian discussion thread (4 Viewers)

I have never been a big star wars fan but this show is the best they have ever done. My only gripe is that we only get 8 episodes a year and now they expect us to wait at least another year? I tried watching the clone wars but just can't get past the cartoon aspect of it. Cartoons are something to laugh at and nothing beats the old Bugs bunny / Road Runner show. The Clone wars just didn't do it for me so never got past the 4th episode.

Just to show, Mark Hamill is very grateful for the portrayal of his character in The Mandalorian. He really didn't like what they did to him in TLJ.

He never made his feelings about TLJ Luke a secret. He was a PR nightmare for Lucasfilm during that period because he was in complete don't give a fork mode. Every time he did an interview he'd talk about how he told Rian Johnson he fundamentally disagreed with every choice he'd made re: Luke.

He never made his feelings about TLJ Luke a secret. He was a PR nightmare for Lucasfilm during that period because he was in complete don't give a fork mode. Every time he did an interview he'd talk about how he told Rian Johnson he fundamentally disagreed with every choice he'd made re: Luke.

I'm wondering if he made his feelings known to Kennedy? Couldn't she have then told Rian he needed to change his approach? I know actors don't always have much say in script and directing decisions, but it seems Hammill's voice and opinions would carry substantial weight in this situation.

I'm wondering if he made his feelings known to Kennedy? Couldn't she have then told Rian he needed to change his approach? I know actors don't always have much say in script and directing decisions, but it seems Hammill's voice and opinions would carry substantial weight in this situation.
I still don't understand how that script got approved, and for so many reasons beyond the treatment of Luke Skywalker. Happened to see the article below the other day -- as time goes on there seems to be a lot more people slagging it than defending it.

Alan Dean Foster is a legend among “Star Wars” fans as the author of the 1976 novelization of George Lucas’ original movie, published six months before the film’s opening under the title “Star Wars: From the Adventures of Luke Skywalker.” Foster stuck with the franchise to pen an original 1978 sequel book, “Star Wars: Splinter of the Mind’s Eye,” and then returned in 2015 when asked by J.J. Abrams to write the official novelization for “The Force Awakens.”

Speaking of “The Last Jedi,” Foster also revealed the existence of a treatment he wrote for an “Episode IX” book that retconned the events of Rian Johnson’s second installment of the sequel trilogy. Foster called “The Last Jedi” both “a terrible film” and “a terrible ‘Star Wars’ film,” adding that his treatment “attempted to explain a lot of the really silly things that happened” in “The Last Jedi.” The treatment was written for fans and was not something Disney commissioned.

Also just saw this. It's just speculation, but it's looking less and less likely Johnson's trilogy will ever be made (which would honestly probably be best for all parties). After the comparative reception and success of the Mandalorian, Disney investors should be up in arms if anyone even thinks about letting him do anything with Star Wars again.

Johnson’s trilogy was completely left out of Investors Day.
Disney’s Investors Day event this year was massive. Lucasfilm alone announced a multitude of projects, including confirmation of its next two films — the Patty Jenkins-helmed Rogue Squadron (2023) and Taika Waititi’s as-yet-untitled feature-length project (2025).

This means the next unaccounted for Star Wars movie isn’t set for theatrical release until 2027 — a full decade after the original announcement of the Rian Johnson trilogy. The fact that it wasn’t even mentioned in passing at Investors Day when essentially everything else Lucasfilm is working on was discussed also doesn’t bode well for its future.

Kennedy, Johnson, and Hidalgo were the driving force behind Luke's story line.

And speaking of Pablo Hidalgo, he recently took shots at Star Wars fans who got emotional about seeing Luke in The Mandalorian season finale. Classy.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom