The Mandalorian discussion thread (8 Viewers)

This is directly from the Gallery episode that came out Christmas day. If you haven't watched it yet, I'd highly recommend it. It's basically a string of 8 minute behind-the-scenes bits like this for each episode.
Thanks for that, I just came across it on YT while I was bored.

Kennedy, Johnson, and Hidalgo were the driving force behind Luke's story line.

And speaking of Pablo Hidalgo, he recently took shots at Star Wars fans who got emotional about seeing Luke in The Mandalorian season finale. Classy.

Star Wars Theory (the YouTuber in question) is a massive drama queen and always at the center of some controversy, but Pablo has been a complete jerk arse to fans for years. Perfect storm of BS between those two.

Kennedy, Johnson, and Hidalgo were the driving force behind Luke's story line.

And speaking of Pablo Hidalgo, he recently took shots at Star Wars fans who got emotional about seeing Luke in The Mandalorian season finale. Classy.
It's almost as if they all had this deep-seeded resentment towards Star Wars and its fans, made a movie to give them a figurative middle finger, then got snippy when they got called on it.

This is directly from the Gallery episode that came out Christmas day. If you haven't watched it yet, I'd highly recommend it. It's basically a string of 8 minute behind-the-scenes bits like this for each episode.
OK, I just got done with Ep 4, the ILM one, and...

I would have never guessed that they were not on locations.

Star Wars Theory (the YouTuber in question) is a massive drama queen and always at the center of some controversy, but Pablo has been a complete jerk arse to fans for years. Perfect storm of BS between those two.
I've never known Theory to be at the center of controversy, maybe I don't pay close enough attention LOL. And yes, Hidalgo is a turd.

Edit: I watched the Theory video where he got emotional in seeing Luke. IMO it was genuine and Pablo is even more of a turd for calling him out.

I've never known Theory to be at the center of controversy, maybe I don't pay close enough attention LOL. And yes, Hidalgo is a turd.

Edit: I watched the Theory video where he got emotional in seeing Luke. IMO it was genuine and Pablo is even more of a turd for calling him out.

I first heard about them recently because I enjoy reaction videos. Based on his history, I never saw anything there about him trying to stir up drama. He seems like a likable Canadian who is a cancer survivor.

He was in a feud with Lucasfilm a year or two ago with that Vader fan film he did and made a big stink about it. He's had more than one dust up over nonsense on Twitter. He's not a shirt stirrer or anything, just super dramatic about everything, especially in how he chooses to respond to things. I don't dislike him and do enjoy some of his content.

Pablo has been a PR liability for Lucasfilm since even before the Disney buyout but it has only gotten worse as he's gotten older and crankier. He legitimately detests Star Wars fans. He set his Twitter to private for a reason.

Last edited:
He was in a feud with Lucasfilm a year or two ago with that Vader fan film he did and made a big stink about it. He's had more than one dust up over nonsense on Twitter. He's not a shirt stirrer or anything, just super dramatic about everything, especially in how he chooses to respond to things. I don't dislike him and do enjoy some of his content.

Pablo has been a PR liability for Lucasfilm since even before the Disney buyout but it has only gotten worse as he's gotten older and crankier. He legitimately detests Star Wars fans. He set his Twitter to private for a reason.
Oh I see what you mean. I think the big stink part is just the YouTube personality being what it is. The more dust you kick up, the more people watch....and least that's the story. I don't follow him on Twitter so I can't speak to that.

I watched the series 3 times now. The last time was when my Dad came to visit from Louisiana during Christmas. He never binge watches anything but we quickly went through the series in a couple of days. By the last episode, he was amazed and was talking nonstop about how cool it was to see Luke like that. He was basically acting like I acted when I was a kid and watched the original trilogy with him.

I can’t get into the sequel trilogy and how they handled Luke other than I understand both sides. With that being said, Jon Favreau created the greatest version of Luke by giving into his fandom and not giving into Current LucasFilm folks. The pure reverence given to the character during his time on screen was perfection. I love watching the reaction videos of everyone once they realized who it was that showed up to rescue Grogu. The whole scene, especially the music, gives chills. It’s easily my favorite Star Wars moment

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom