The Mandalorian discussion thread (5 Viewers)

I don't know you, but generally the people who don't care are the ones that don't have any reason to care -- they aren't in the minority, whether it be racial, sexual, etc. I can say who cares when x says that because it has absolutely no effect on me. But that could be because i'm a white man. I think people should try to take a step back, try to gain some perspective, and see that while it may not effect you and you may not care, others may care and have every reason and right to care. I'm not always good at that, but i at least try (or like to tell myself i do in any event).

I'm sorry but I don't care if some is trans or not, if they can't handle someone putting "beep/boop/bop" or whatever on their social media as a joke then you aren't cut out to be an adult human being.

I'm sorry but I don't care if some is trans or not, if they can't handle someone putting "beep/boop/bop" or whatever on their social media as a joke then you aren't cut out to be an adult human being.
i don't get the sense that you are actually sorry

You don't get to determine how people who aren't you feel and respond to things. Nor do you get to gatekeep what being an adult means.

Yeah, a lot of people are soft and sensitive and unable to properly cope with an unforgiving world. And those people are also free to choose how they spend their money and what messaging they want to get out to the people providing entertainment. It's really a lovely system.

Watching the Honest Trailers Mandalorian Season 2 Commentary and outtakes.. they called it early...

1613104578894.png

1613104632485.png

Well, she had already been stirring up nonsense on a smaller level for quite a while.

Rumors are that after that transgender stuff, Favreau went to bat for her with Disney and that's when the story about Pedro Pascal (who has a trans sister) talking with her to try and explain why what she'd done was hurtful to some came out. They apparently tried to give her a "Hey, you're catching heat for this and it would be great if you stopped" talk.

And then she responded by becoming so much more explosively toxic that it boggles the mind. Hollywood Reporter straight up said she was supposed to have a show announced (or star in one of the announced shows. I'm still thinking Rangers of the New Republic was going to be a Cara Dune vehicle originally) at the investor's thing in December, but that Disney pulled the plug after it was obvious she was a lost cause.

In other words, she was apparently given at least a couple of chances/warnings and responded by publicly equating herself to a Jew during the Holocaust.

So what becomes of Pedro Pascal now? I’m late to the “Mandalorian goes political” party, but with her comments getting her the show Titanic’d does he also get tossed out for his past tweets?

This is a bit of a sticky wicket, and I’m just glad that I don’t have to make this call.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom