The Mandalorian discussion thread (7 Viewers)

So what becomes of Pedro Pascal now? I’m late to the “Mandalorian goes political” party, but with her comments getting her the show Titanic’d does he also get tossed out for his past tweets?

This is a bit of a sticky wicket, and I’m just glad that I don’t have to make this call.
The key word of your question was past. As it has been pointed out, she too had past tweets which were just as bad, if not, worse than the one that got her fired and the cause of her firing was her continued misconduct after her employers asked her to cut it out.

Just don't know why actors/ress just can't shutup on social media, it just gets you into trouble these days. Be like the legend that is Anthony Hopkins, prolific career in Hollywood, will go down as one of the best.

Every public figure should study his twitter account.

I can't fathom being the kind of person who cares enough about something someone tweets enough to call for termination of their employment. I'll also never understand why corporations think Twitter trends and hashtags like #FireGinaCarano are at all significant. You are Disney, a few thousand people on Twitter can't hurt you in any significant way and there are probably waaayyy more fans who like her character and think firing her for tweets is stupid.

Your also assuming they fired her only for her tweets. She works with hundreds of people on that show and I'm sure more than a few don't particularly care for her or her opinions, including the biggest name in the show. If they filed complaints and Disney doesn't do anything about it suddenly it's a hostile work environment and Disney can be sued for tons of money. This is a business decision by Disney, not "cancel culture".

Just don't know why actors/ress just can't shutup on social media, it just gets you into trouble these days. Be like the legend that is Anthony Hopkins, prolific career in Hollywood, will go down as one of the best.

Every public figure should study his twitter account.
It’s curious that your caution is not “don’t have hateful views” it’s “don’t express them publicly “

It’s curious that your caution is not “don’t have hateful views” it’s “don’t express them publicly “

Yea I picked up on that, too. But hey, I'll take it because at least then it's not spreading as much to other impressionable people.

Listen, our brains force us to categorize people quickly in order to assess dangers or groups we might benefit from being a part of. But we aren't living in caves anymore where it's kill or be killed. People should recogonize what their instincts say, but also evaluate them for what they are and think above them. You don't have to be a sucker for your emotions, you can overcome. Or maybe some can't....

Posting anything political on any form of social media unsolicited is the equivalent of standing up in a crowded room full of strangers and screaming you personal feelings on a topic that no one asked you about nor cares what you have to say about it. There will always be someone in that room that will tell you to shut up and sit down. Cancel Culture pisses me off just as much as Celebrities in Politics but both of those have a very symbiotic relationship.

Speaking of relationships do you think Mando will ever go back to that planet and try to get those digits to the Single Mom he was making bedroom helmet with? They kinda made an effort of psuedo backstory for her that makes me wonder if they will revisit the character in the future.

Speaking of relationships do you think Mando will ever go back to that planet and try to get those digits to the Single Mom he was making bedroom helmet with? They kinda made an effort of psuedo backstory for her that makes me wonder if they will revisit the character in the future.
Luke leaves with grogu and mando has an afternoon of pouting - then he remembers Omera and is on the next shuttle to Sorgan

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom