The Mandalorian discussion thread (3 Viewers)

was anyone asking for this?

Aunt Jemima and Uncle Ben's I had no problem changing

Lady Antebellum and Master Bedroom changing I don't really agree with

And what about gold bikini Leia who was always referred to as "Slave Leia" what will she be called moving forward?
=======================

The actor who played Boba Fett in Star Wars has slammed Disney for changing the name of his character's spaceship, Slave 1, in its Lego merchandise.

Mark Anthony Austin has criticized the company for renaming the ship for new Lego toys.

"My ship will forever be Slave1. Nothing. Not even #disney can or will change that. This is the way," tweeted Austin on June 28.

Screen Rant reports that Star Wars affiliated Lego merchandise was renamed for an upcoming Boba Fett playset. Instead of its original name, the toy is reportedly going to be renamed "Boba's Fett's Starship."

Star Wars fan website, Jedi News, spoke to members of the Lego Star Wars design team at the Lego Fan Media Day recently where the name change was confirmed.

"We're not calling it Slave I anymore. This is Boba Fett's Starship," Michael Lee Stockwell Lego Star Wars lead designer told the publication.

His colleague, Jens Kronvold Frederiksen Lego Star Wars design director added: "It's probably not something which has been announced publicly but it is just something that Disney doesn't want to use anymore."............

was anyone asking for this?

Aunt Jemima and Uncle Ben's I had no problem changing

Lady Antebellum and Master Bedroom changing I don't really agree with

And what about gold bikini Leia who was always referred to as "Slave Leia" what will she be called moving forward?
=======================

The actor who played Boba Fett in Star Wars has slammed Disney for changing the name of his character's spaceship, Slave 1, in its Lego merchandise.

Mark Anthony Austin has criticized the company for renaming the ship for new Lego toys.

"My ship will forever be Slave1. Nothing. Not even #disney can or will change that. This is the way," tweeted Austin on June 28.

Screen Rant reports that Star Wars affiliated Lego merchandise was renamed for an upcoming Boba Fett playset. Instead of its original name, the toy is reportedly going to be renamed "Boba's Fett's Starship."

Star Wars fan website, Jedi News, spoke to members of the Lego Star Wars design team at the Lego Fan Media Day recently where the name change was confirmed.

"We're not calling it Slave I anymore. This is Boba Fett's Starship," Michael Lee Stockwell Lego Star Wars lead designer told the publication.

His colleague, Jens Kronvold Frederiksen Lego Star Wars design director added: "It's probably not something which has been announced publicly but it is just something that Disney doesn't want to use anymore."............

I mean. I can see why wouldn't want to slap Slave all over a children's toy's packaging.

Now if they were changing the name of the ship in the movies and tv series that would be a different story.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom