The Mandalorian discussion thread (2 Viewers)

best-christmas-ever-2018-key-art-1200x707.jpg

I'm not a super canon nerd like you bunch of nerds are, so I have to say that Boba Fett is one of the more confusing characters to me. I watched The Mandalorian, whole family enjoyed it, and when he appeared I paused and reminded my kids who he was (they had already seen the original trilogy).

But now I don't remember the whole story. How did he escape that desert creature he got knocked into in Jedi? Man, they did him dirty. But we were happy when it happened because he was supposedly a bad guy then. My how lines are blurred in our modern world.

I'm not a super canon nerd like you bunch of nerds are, so I have to say that Boba Fett is one of the more confusing characters to me. I watched The Mandalorian, whole family enjoyed it, and when he appeared I paused and reminded my kids who he was (they had already seen the original trilogy).

But now I don't remember the whole story. How did he escape that desert creature he got knocked into in Jedi? Man, they did him dirty. But we were happy when it happened because he was supposedly a bad guy then. My how lines are blurred in our modern world.
His escape from the Sarlacc pit is not officially established in canon yet. "The Book of Boba Fett" may establish that and many other questions the fandom have.

His escape from the Sarlacc pit is not officially established in canon yet. "The Book of Boba Fett" may establish that and many other questions the fandom have.

My theory: It was actually really nice in there - everyone on Tatooine was just presuming you got digested. And no one else ever left before because it was so nice. But Boba had some unfinished business.

My theory: It was actually really nice in there - everyone on Tatooine was just presuming you got digested. And no one else ever left before because it was so nice. But Boba had some unfinished business.

This is actually so stupid that I can't stop shame-laughing at it.

In the books, he used a thermal detonator to kill the sarlacc from the inside, crawled out half dead and was rescued by Dengar (the bounty hunter with the head rag). They worked together for awhile. His armor was in bad shape but he got more pieces somewhere, can't remember the whole story. I think it was in "Tales of Jabba's Palace" or "Tales of the Bounty Hunters".

In the books, he used a thermal detonator to kill the sarlacc from the inside, crawled out half dead and was rescued by Dengar (the bounty hunter with the head rag). They worked together for awhile. His armor was in bad shape but he got more pieces somewhere, can't remember the whole story. I think it was in "Tales of Jabba's Palace" or "Tales of the Bounty Hunters".
that sounds familiar

It was Tales of the Bounty Hunters. That was a very enjoyable book.

I can't believe the poor timing by Disney. We are at an absolute blank spot in their programming. Nothing new with Marvel, Star Wars, etc. until the end of November.
was just thinking about this this morning - i didn't know what/when the next thing was
going a solid 2 years with the next thing being a week away to this is...weird

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom