The Mandalorian discussion thread (3 Viewers)

I hope not

I’d like to keep the Death Star battle the first time they met since mustafar

The comic series had Luke and Vader crossing paths before Cloud City and I didn’t care for that either

Already been confirmed they're fighting again. But it doesn't really change anything. Vader just says he hasn't "felt that presence since..".

Already been confirmed they're fighting again. But it doesn't really change anything. Vader just says he hasn't "felt that presence since..".

“Since you cut my legs off, let me burn to a crisp then left me for dead” carries a weight that nothing else does

I'd also add that thre way they interact in ANH indicates Kenobi has seen him in the suit before. Vader isn't doing any "Look what you turned me into" stuff and Kenobi is casual about it. Obviously a function of Lucas not having that part of the story mapped out at the time, but it leaves an opening for a meeting between Kenobi and a fully suited Vader.

“Since you cut my legs off, let me burn to a crisp then left me for dead” carries a weight that nothing else does
There are ways for getting him to forget the fight. He saw what he becomes during the animated Clone Wars and then forgot all about it. Who knows what they're going to ultimately do but I can't wait to see another lightsaber battle that's hopefully on par with the prequel trilogy. I'm one of the rare people that loved those movies but especially the fights.

I'd also add that thre way they interact in ANH indicates Kenobi has seen him in the suit before. Vader isn't doing any "Look what you turned me into" stuff and Kenobi is casual about it. Obviously a function of Lucas not having that part of the story mapped out at the time, but it leaves an opening for a meeting between Kenobi and a fully suited Vader.
Don't forget that he "lied" to Luke about Vader killing his father. He didn't want to tell him that he BECAME Vader so them having crossed paths since Mustafar isn't a plot hole at all.

I'm wondering....do they meet/fight on Tatooine? Does the result leave Vader thinking he killed Obi Wan? Or do they meet off planet? Because Vader seems to think Obi Wan is dead in ANH, or at the very least he doesn't know he is on Tatooine.

There are ways for getting him to forget the fight. He saw what he becomes during the animated Clone Wars and then forgot all about it. Who knows what they're going to ultimately do but I can't wait to see another lightsaber battle that's hopefully on par with the prequel trilogy. I'm one of the rare people that loved those movies but especially the fights.
Yeah several of the early vader books have him struggling with snatches of memories of the mustafar fight and the kids
Clearly the emperor is doing stuff to befuddle him

I'm not going to spoiler tag this because literally not a single word of it is proven or leaked in a meaningful way, but rumors have the story dealing with a young Leia somehow coming under threat and Obi Wan leaving Tattooine to take care of it, then running into Vader and Inquistors at some point.

I'm not going to spoiler tag this because literally not a single word of it is proven or leaked in a meaningful way, but rumors have the story dealing with a young Leia somehow coming under threat and Obi Wan leaving Tattooine to take care of it, then running into Vader and Inquistors at some point.
‘Inquisitors’ is the best part of this rumor, imo
Those freaks make me nervous

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom