The Mandalorian discussion thread (3 Viewers)

The 2 biggest problems facing the announced new SW trilogy are The Mandalorian and Andor, possibly 3 problems if Ahsoka hits like Mando and Andor, especially if they bring back the main cast from the last trilogy. Character to character, there isn't a single character from the last 3 movies that is more interesting than any character in Mandalorian or Andor. The one character that could've possibly been interesting in the last trilogy was Phasma, and they squandered her.

Obviously the actor influences the character, and actor to actor, it's no contest either IMO. Direction probably plays a part too.

I have not felt an "oh, sheet!" moment in a long time watching any movie, much less a TV show, until Moff Gideon put on that helmet.

The last 3 episodes of season 3 had a runtime of 117 minutes. They could've released them together as a movie, and that movie would've been better than any Star Wars film since TESB. Heck, it would've been better than a lot of action films.

Last edited:
Looper was great. That's all I know about him.
Finally saw Looper.

While not a bad film, it's another blatant rip-off of two other films, so S.O.P for Johnson, which is what I was saying in the first place. Putting it in a spoiler for anyone who hasn't seen it.
Plot: It was a blatant rip-off of The Terminator, with an add in from the film The Fury.
Guy comes from the future to change the past by eliminating the child who will mess up the future.
There are three targets.
He was even so blatant as to name the heroin Sarah. Seriously?
Seeking a child with dangerous psychic powers to eliminate him (while we know this from the start in The Fury, here we find out later).
Gordon-Levitt sacrifices himself at the end to save the heroin and her child just as Reece does in Terminator (Reece's sacrifice isn't as effective, obviously).
Characters: Joseph Gordon-Levitt was Reece, Bruce Willis was the Terminator, Emily Blunt was Sarah Connor, the kid was a combination of John Connor and Andrew Stevens' character from The Fury.
Scenes: Willis' character goes into the bad guys' HQ and guns down everyone = Terminator smashes into the police station and guns down everyone.
Kid loses it and uses his mental powers to blow up Jesse and the living room = Amy Irving uses her mental powers to blow up John Cassavetes at the climax to The Fury.
Willis getting supplies, then threatening to shoot the clerk = Terminator getting rifles and ammo, then shooting the clerk.
Sarah decides she loves Gordon-Levitt and has sex with him = Sarah decides she loves Reece and has sex with him (which was actually a key to the plot while here it was rather pointless)
Can't quite recall, but the shootout at the diner and Willis escaping by jumping through the window is from another film, too.
There was at least one other scene stolen directly from Terminator, but now I can't recall what it was.

Finally saw Looper.

While not a bad film, it's another blatant rip-off of two other films, so S.O.P for Johnson, which is what I was saying in the first place. Putting it in a spoiler for anyone who hasn't seen it.
Plot: It was a blatant rip-off of The Terminator, with an add in from the film The Fury.
Guy comes from the future to change the past by eliminating the child who will mess up the future.
There are three targets.
He was even so blatant as to name the heroin Sarah. Seriously?
Seeking a child with dangerous psychic powers to eliminate him (while we know this from the start in The Fury, here we find out later).
Gordon-Levitt sacrifices himself at the end to save the heroin and her child just as Reece does in Terminator (Reece's sacrifice isn't as effective, obviously).
Characters: Joseph Gordon-Levitt was Reece, Bruce Willis was the Terminator, Emily Blunt was Sarah Connor, the kid was a combination of John Connor and Andrew Stevens' character from The Fury.
Scenes: Willis' character goes into the bad guys' HQ and guns down everyone = Terminator smashes into the police station and guns down everyone.
Kid loses it and uses his mental powers to blow up Jesse and the living room = Amy Irving uses her mental powers to blow up John Cassavetes at the climax to The Fury.
Willis getting supplies, then threatening to shoot the clerk = Terminator getting rifles and ammo, then shooting the clerk.
Sarah decides she loves Gordon-Levitt and has sex with him = Sarah decides she loves Reece and has sex with him (which was actually a key to the plot while here it was rather pointless)
Can't quite recall, but the shootout at the diner and Willis escaping by jumping through the window is from another film, too.
There was at least one other scene stolen directly from Terminator, but now I can't recall what it was.
That does not change how I feel about Looper. I need to watch it again soon.

Last edited:
I just ordered myself one of these at 40% off the original price...

That's pretty cool...but why does the Grogu figure have a man bun? :confused2:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom