The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel (1 Viewer)

Guess I'll be the lone dissenter in this crowd. Not that the show wasn't good, it's definitely good. I was expecting it to be funnier based on responses here. I will say that the performances have been great all around. I have 1 episode to go and I decided to give my critique before watching the last episode.
The 7th episode annoyed me terribly because it seemed really out of character for Mariam. It was like they decided, "oh we need to set up the storyline for season 2! Let's have her randomly start making mean spirited jokes at the expense of someone else."

Guess I'll be the lone dissenter in this crowd. Not that the show wasn't good, it's definitely good. I was expecting it to be funnier based on responses here. I will say that the performances have been great all around. I have 1 episode to go and I decided to give my critique before watching the last episode.
The 7th episode annoyed me terribly because it seemed really out of character for Mariam. It was like they decided, "oh we need to set up the storyline for season 2! Let's have her randomly start making mean spirited jokes at the expense of someone else."

perfectly acceptable. i think you need to go into watching it knowing it is a "semi-serious" comedy and not a "comedy" comedy.

Beautifully written and performed.
So tight with the script, nothing is wasted.
As good as Mrs. Maisel is, the two dads are just perfect in their roles.

Only script as tight as TMMM is The Missing on Amazon as well, though it’s not a comedy.
the missing is really good. watched on starz, glad to see it on amazon.

also, for anyone that missed the last season of the killing (before amc pulled the plug around 2012 or 13), not sure why i connected the two, but netflix covered the last season a few years back. one of my top five shows.

still off topic, but the fall, with scully, is damn good on netflix.

I don't often talk about this stuff but the show and especially the 2 female leads are awesome. Lenny Bruce is not afraid.

Did the new season of better call Saul start yet? That is my crack.

Did the new season of better call Saul start yet? That is my crack.

I think it has. I wanted to like that so much, as Breaking Bad is one of my favorite shows of all time.....but I just couldn’t get into it. Maybe I’ll try again.

Managed to watch both season in the last two weeks. Really great stuff.

Rachel Brosnahan is set to host SNL next Saturday should be interesting.

I'm 8 episodes into 2nd season. The general opinion was that the first season was great. I thought it was good, but I'm enjoying the 2nd season a lot more,

We're getting a ton of rain here in ATL lately, so I've spent a lot of time binge watching shows. I like to have something playing in the background while I work (I work from home most of the week), I'll put something on I've watched before so I don't get too distracted. With the combination of rain and work, I watched season 2 again. Can't say enough how much more I enjoyed this season over the first. Some of the scenes play out like stand alone skits in a variety show. I can watch some of them repeatedly. For example, the security clearance scene with Abe (Tony Shalhoub) and the higher ups in the confidential room was as solid a 3 minute comedy sketch as I've seen on TV in the past year. With any of these Netflix or Amazon series, there's bound to be a couple of filler episodes, but season 2 only had 1 episode that missed the mark for me.

We're getting a ton of rain here in ATL lately, so I've spent a lot of time binge watching shows. I like to have something playing in the background while I work (I work from home most of the week), I'll put something on I've watched before so I don't get too distracted. With the combination of rain and work, I watched season 2 again. Can't say enough how much more I enjoyed this season over the first. Some of the scenes play out like stand alone skits in a variety show. I can watch some of them repeatedly. For example, the security clearance scene with Abe (Tony Shalhoub) and the higher ups in the confidential room was as solid a 3 minute comedy sketch as I've seen on TV in the past year. With any of these Netflix or Amazon series, there's bound to be a couple of filler episodes, but season 2 only had 1 episode that missed the mark for me.

Apparently the first season was so well received that they poured a lot more money into the second season, and I think it shows. Shooting in Paris, Hamptons, different comedy venues, more characters, etc really fleshed out the world and the characters. Great show. We binged both seasons in about a week.

Ms. Caliente and I have started watching the series (Now that the series is over we can binge it rather than wate a week). I’m glad that we did this as we find ourselves watching an episode (or two) a night.

There is not a simple character in the lineup, from Midge and Susie, to Nick and Frank. Each character has so much…. Character. Though I appreciate Abe and Moishe’s characters best.

I had no idea that they had to write out Frank because…but it’s funny some of the characters who show up for an episode or two, I completely forgot existed.

If you are looking for something to watch, this is it.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom