The Masters....boring? (1 Viewer)

Sandman

Kind of Messed Up
Staff member
Administrator
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
No, but it is definitely different. Gone are the days when someone could make a charge on the "second 9" on Sunday. And with the way that course is built, and you could hear the roar of the crowd every time something exciting happened - and players knew something was going on, only added to the intensity.

I didn't find it boring, because it's still The Masters, but it is definitely not the same.

I just enjoy the course more that anything. Not sure if it was boring, but all those they fell on their face on the back 9 Sunday didn't make it exciting unless you're Tiger who couldn't get that ball to sink for the life of him.

It definitely wasn't "The Masters." The Masters, to me, is about risk/reward. Going for the eagle or laying up...trying to stick it next to the pin or playing safe and shooting for the middle of the green and taking your par.

This year it felt like the U.S. Open to me (nothing wrong with the U.S. Open--but it isn't the Masters). In the U.S. Open, the players just try to make par...hit the fairway, aim for the big part of the rock hard green and pray for a two putt. That was the feeling I came away with watching the Masters this year. I watch the Open to see the players struggle like I do when I play on a regular course. I watch the Masters to see some creative shots and risk-taking.

It's a golf tournament. What do you expect?

They will continue to make the course harder. They (Board and members" do not want to see no namers at 11 under par. They want their course to be the hardest, and they will continue to lengthen and narrow to make it that way.

They will continue to make the course harder. They (Board and members" do not want to see no namers at 11 under par. They want their course to be the hardest, and they will continue to lengthen and narrow to make it that way.

If they keep doing that, I will refuse to play there. :ezbill:

I liked boring. I had $200 on 67 being the lowest round. LOL.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom